How to playback Audio CD

How do I playback the Audio CD from my external DVD Drive?

Directly play cd’s with Audirvana you mean? You can’t. You have to rip the CD first.

There are lot’s of free tools (like EAC, Windows media player etc.), who can do that.

@AndyLubke Thanks… but I am looking for direct play… currently using default Windows Media Play… I cant use cd playback in ASIO. :frowning:

Audirvana can not do that.
Programs who can (via ASIO or WASAPI):

• Foobar2000 (Free). You can play CD’s directly through ASIO and even upsample (if you install the correct plugins).
  • JRiver (not free).

But remember… less and less computers are sold with an optical disk drive, less and less music programs can directly play cd’s. Ever thought of ripping your entire CD collection to a library on a hard disk or SSD?
But anyway… download Foobar2000. Install the ASIO PLugin and you can play CD’s. Foobar has a bit of a learning curve, but it is very powerful and… free :slight_smile:

Thank you!! :sunglasses:

Hello,
nevertheless it would be great if audirvana could play cd‘s!
Many of us have decent cd usb transport like Melco D100…(on a Mac mini!)

Go to the category ‘User Voice Audirvana’. Propose this new feature. If you get enough votes maybe it will be implemented in a next version.

1 Like

[quote=“Watzmann, post:6, topic:23314, full:true”]Hello,
nevertheless it would be great if audirvana could play cd‘s!
Many of us have decent cd usb transport like Melco D100…(on a Mac mini!)[/quote]

So not 2021.
Rip the CD’s and stream the files with Audirvana (or…)

What a great comment! Thank you so much!
(go…)

You’re welcome…
and the additional hint of a remark is sooo out of line…
I actually do regularly buy CD’s. But for sure the last 10 years, first I do, is rip the CD to FLAC or recently WAV files. (Some CD’s have and will never experience a CD-player).

that’s the way… Audirvana plays music :sunglasses:

.wav is bad for tagging…

not now a days :sunglasses:… MP3tag works well with WAV files…
One thing you should do… Keep ArtWork size less than 1MB.

Does Audirvana do also?

My cover when i uptaded them now
are always 1600x1600px x 72 dpi,
always more than 1mb at least, but that is not for everybody…
i see them through 27in iMac 5k resolution :grinning:

Glad for you .wav now get in today standard :+1:t2:

my most of the artworks are less than 1mb… they’re close to 1500x1500 ratio… at this size my Audirvana db is 3.2 GB :roll_eyes:

Artwork size impacts the db size… but i don’t see any performance issue… Audirvana engineering team nicely handling the over size db… :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.