How to reload Audirvana

Audirvana failed to load. Had to uninstall. How do I reinstall Audirvana on my second PC. I have a valid up to date license. Cannot see where to simply download Audirvana without being a new customer. Anyone know?

Just pretend to be a new customer.

https://audirvana.com/try/

Click the link above, enter your details and Audrivana will be installed. When you start it you will be prompted to enter your licence key.

Note - If you did not deactivate your licence before uninstallation, you might have to ask Damien to re-enable your licence key.

Done.

Did that, comes up with an error. “internal error occurred 0x80073D05”. didn’t deactivate my license, I use Audirvana on my desktop as well. How do I contact support then?

This might not be pertinent but you should check that the ‘Windows App Installer’ app is available. Go to ‘Settings’ - ‘Apps’ - ‘Apps and Features’ and ensure App Installer is on the list. If not, go to Microsoft App Store and install it.

If that doesn’t fix the issue, Damien will see your post here.

Thanks for your replies. The windows app-installer is in the list and when I try to install as trial user I believe that’s the app that is started but which fails at around 87% with the error message.

Audirvana was working until recently on this laptop, it just decided to stop. The Audirvana window came up but would not display my Library, or my Tidal and Quobuz services. This is why I uninstalled it, now cannot re-install.I know my license is ok as Audirvana works fine on my desktop. The laptop connects directly to my hifi system, and was working.

Full error message is as follows:
Internal Error occurred 0x80073D05
see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160
Which is a developers site.

the error info says:
" An error occurred while deleting the package’s previously existing application data.
You can get this error if the simulator is running. Close the simulator. You can also get this error if there are files open in the app data (for example, if you have a log file open in a text editor)."

I have no idea what this means! HELP! #support

@Damien will see this.

In the meantime, my final suggestion would be to serach for and manually delte and folders pertaining to Audirvana which might have been left behind by the previous installation.

Good luck.

Can you try to fix this issue using this procedure?

I’ve added that link to my list of useful articles!

Ok I’ve gone through all the listed procedures but the same thing happens. I don’t think the problem is with the app installer as that starts up and begins to load the Audirvana app. It fails when it reaches 87% and gives the error. There are no Audirvana folders under program files but there are registry entries. One listed here: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CAudirvana.Audirvana-4118-9484-d80dbb7827cd_3.5.38.0_x64__fec4hfhj3emgj%5Cmicrosoft.system.package.metadata%5CS-1-5-21-2021632937-4273298770-171234588-1001-MergedResources-0.pri

There are many others listed. Such as here:
Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CAudirvana.Audirvana-4118-9484-d80dbb7827cd_3.5.38.0_x64__fec4hfhj3emgj%5Cmicrosoft.system.package.metadata%5CS-1-5-21-2021632937-4273298770-171234588-1001-MergedResources-0.pri\1d644dd255729e\66f878c7

Here is another thing you can try:

Method #1 – Run Windows Troubleshooter

• Launch Start and select Settings.
  • Go to Update & Security.
  • Select Troubleshoot.
  • On the right side, look for the Windows Store Apps.
  • Under it, click the Run the troubleshooter button.
  • Wait for the process to finish as it is trying to fix the error.

Method #2 – Check for Updates on your Windows 10

There may be existing updates waiting to be installed that can help you fix the error. To update your Windows 10, follow the steps below.

• Click Start.
  • Go to Settings and select Update & Security.
  • Click Windows Update.
  • On the right side, look for the Check for updates button and click.
  • If there are updates available, click Install Now and wait for the process to finish.
  • Restart your computer.

Method #3 – Sync Your Windows Store App

• Launch your Windows Store App.
  • Go to Settings.
  • Click App Updates.
  • At the bottom, look for Sync Licenses and click to start syncing.
  • Once done, restart your computer.

Method #4 – Run a System File Checker

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  • Type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to launch Run as administrator.
  • Type sfc /scannow .
  • Press Enter.
  • It will scan and fix errors. Restart your computer when done.

Method #5 – Clear Windows Store Cache

• Launch Run dialog box and type C:\Windows\System32 . Press Enter.
  • Look for the WSReset.exe app. Right-click and select Run as administrator.
  • After the process, the message “The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the Store for apps.” will appear.
  • However, if you encounter the message, “Windows Store cache may be damaged,” you will need to rename your Windows Store Cache folder.
  • To rename, launch the Run dialog box again.
  • Type C:\Users\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState and press Enter.
  • Look for the Cache folder and change the name to Cache.old.
  • In any area in the LocalState folder, right-click to select Add New and click Folder.
  • Rename the folder Cache.
  • Close the window and restart your computer.

Hi Damien, I ran through all of the options #1-5. They all went through without reporting any errors or problems. WSReset ran and did not report damage to store cache.

But something must have been repaired, as after a restart, the app-install ran without error and I now have a working Audirvana again. So, thank you very much for your support and suggestions, it’s all working as normal again.

Thanks also to pieronip for his attempts to assist.

2 Likes