How to use the app as non-administrator

I am a single user of Audirvana on a windows 10 Home installation and cannot figure out how to run Audirvana in the non-administrator role. Every time i open the program it tells me i am running as Administrator and that certain ‘web-based’ functions will not work. I log off as Administrator and log in as the other user but the program is no longer there. I’ve adjusted the UAC under both log-ins without success.

Hello @analog, do you have another program that could interfere with your administrator rules?

Hi,

Perhaps this will work,

open the group policies options (Execute gpedit.msc)
In the GPO go to “Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options” and search for " User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode" and double click on it select “Activated” inthe opened box.

Then search for “User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevation” double click and choose “Deactivated”

Then search for "User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode " double clck and choose “Activated”.

Open Powershell in admin mode and type “cmd” the type “gpupgrade /force”

Normally it should work.

1 Like

Hi again,

I’ve forgotten one important thing In the GPO go to “Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options” and search for “User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account” choose “Enabled”.

1 Like

Success. Here are a few notes for others who may run into this problem. Windows 10 Home version does not have group policy options. You need to download and install gpedit.msc first. Once it is installed reboot and open the group policy options program, following the instructions outlined above. Reboot a second time. Once this is complete you can open Audirvana with a left-click.
Audirvana will open without the warning about running as administrator. This also allows you to connect to Tidal without issue.
Thanks again Le-dom, your help is appreciated.

You’re welcome.
I’m very happy this solution works for you. As I’m using Windows 10 Pro I didn’t know that GPO isn’t available on home edition.

Wow, that worked…now tidal will work again…thanks so much!!

best

Sadly another problem comes with server 2019 for activating tidal inside audirvana:
webview control is needed…does you know how to install this feature in server 2019?

thanks and best

tom

Hello @tomgadd, you need to install Microsoft Edge to get webview

Hello, Damien,
i am currently testing Audirvana on Windows Server 2019 too. So far it works well with the necessary modifications. Unfortunately Tidal cannot be integrated. I have already read a little bit and installed Edge, as you wrote that is necessary because Webview is needed and this is only possible with Edge.
Even Edge is installed I get the following message:
Unexpected Error: Unable to initialize the WebView control because the system is running a version of windows that doesn’t support this control. …

Do you have any idea?

@tomgadd
Tom, does Tidal runs on your server OS?

Regards
mike

No…I wrote to tidal regarding the login problem. No reaction…I did cancel it. Tidal changed a few month ago the way to login.