HRA streaming service doesn't show up

With the latest 2.2.3 I can’t connect to the HRA streaming service. I am logged in, but it doesn’t show up in Audirvana. The HRA App works perfect. No issues there.

Today, Sunday, HRA appeared again. Why? Who knows. It is Audirvana. Just another annoying bug, like so many.

Maybe not. Streaming services use special APIs to communicate with apps like Audirvana. So maybe is not Audirvana fault. Few times last year I had some problems with Qobuz - their apps worked but the connection with Audirvana not. As I understood was not Audirvana fault.

1 Like

Well, today Monday, Jan 16th, HRA has disappeared again.
Audirvana at its best.

Why is your suspicion marked as a solution? It is definitely not.

Why point fingers to Audirvana if you cant’t be sure?
I see posts all the time also on Roon that Qobuz or Tidal disappears or re-appears and 99% of the time it has to do with the API’s/changes at the side of Qobuz or Tidal. How can you be so sure that is not the case here with HRA? Have you also checked with HRA’s support?

They say, the APi is ok. So where should I point my finger? Stick it in my own eye?
My experiences with Audirvana over many years lead to a certain, all too often experienced, conclusion.

So you are frustrated, I get that. But don’t confuse that with fact. Wait until Audirvana reacts before drawing any conclusions. Or send a mail to support@audirvana.com if the reaction on this forum is not satisfactory to you.

Hi @Gustav1,

I can tell you that I’m automatically connect to HRA when I open Audirvāna Studio. Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect your HRA account?

I marked the post from DGrigorescu as Solution because most of the time the issue is coming form either the account of the service or the service provider itself. I do not have hundreds of users from HRA sending mails on this so it’s probably something related to your setup that is not working properly and I’m here to help you for this.

@Antoine
I tried that already. I will take a more Zen like approach and sit beside my hifi and wait until all works again.

You have this issue on a Windows computer?

If it’s the case, can you send me your audirvana.log file at support@audirvana.com?

It can be in two different locations :
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

to show AppData folder:

@Antoine
HRA has appeared again from Tuesday this week. Why? Who knows.
One thing is sure: the Problem was not within my set-up.
My conclusion: Somebody didn’t tell the whole truth.

So let’s find what is going on then :wink:

Have you sent us the file I talked you about?

No. I stayed with my Zen approach. Waiting until it works again. Results were conclusive.

2 Likes

Hi @Antoine,
I have the same problem as @Gustav1 . HRA is not connected most of the time. On the rare occasions that it connects, it does so quite some time after I launch AS. I just disconnected and reconnected HRA, but that didn’t help.
This has been going on for quite some time, so it’s not something related to the current version of AS from what I can tell. It also happens in different locations, so it don’s seem to be connected to my home network configuration.
I’m on a Mac for what it’s worth, and MacOS and AS are both us to date. Happy to send log files if you tell me where to find them and if you think that helps.
Best,
Stefan

Hi @krauses ,

For MacOS we do not store logs in the system and it needs to be generated when you open the app.

Can you try to open Audirvāna Studio using Terminal? You can find it under the Utilities folder in Application.
We recommend you to copy and paste each line one at a time and press return each time you paste a line:

cd ..
cd ..

Applications/Audirvana\ Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/Audirvana\ Studio

OK, done. Now what?

Do you see a line in Terminal when HRA is not connected?

I get this:
2023-02-08 17:12:18.636 Audirvana Studio[29909:18683196] HRA getUserPlaylists error:
2023-02-08 17:12:18.636 Audirvana Studio[29909:18683196] HRA retrieveInCacheUserPlaylists error
The rest concerns mainly local files not being found (because the external drive that they’re on is not connected).

An other than those two lines in Terminal, you do not have HRA displayed at the left of your screen in Audirvāna Studio, right?