I can't install Audirvana. AppContainer problem

After the latest Windows 10 updates I have had issues on my PC. After spending a lot of time fixing the problem, I had to block the Microsoft store.
Now the PC is working properly. (I have Audirvana running on another desktop).
When trying to install Audirvana on the PC it gives me this error)

Application installation error message: Error 0x80070002: Windows cannot create the AppContainer profile of the Audirvana.Audirvana-4118-9484-d80dbb7827cd_3.5.44.0_x64__fec4hfhj3emgj package. (0x80070002)

Please can you give me another alternative to be able to install Audirvana on my PC.

Can you help me Damien?

Thank you so much

Hello @moncat,

Can you use this link to fix your issue? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/fix-windows-update-errors-18b693b5-7818-5825-8a7e-2a4a37d6d787?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Hi Damien,

Yes, I have followed all of Microsoft’s recommendations regarding this error. What I haven’t done is reinstall Windows 10 and I don’t plan to do it, I have a lot of apps installed and they all work fine.

It’s all Mr. Microsoft and its mismanagement in Windows 10 updates, a real shame.

Other HIFI audio software such as HQPlayer, JRiver and others send a ZIP file without going through the Microsoft store. Sorry, but I think Audarvana’s decision to go through the Microsoft store has not been very successful, as it depends on the strengths and weaknesses of the unstable Microsoft store updates.

In short, I just wanted to know if Audirvana could be downloaded without going through the Microsoft store.

Thanks for your answer.

best regards

You can’t because we wanted to secure the access to the exe file of Audirvana and this is what is done by using modern app distribution of Windows 10.

Hello Damien,
I already assumed this would be your answer.
Modern distribution of APP’s, modern problems. :wink:

Thank you for your time.

I know when I tried installing Audirvana on a Windows laptop, there were AppContainer errors which prevented installation. I had thought all the updates were complete, but they weren’t. You might want to reinstall AppContainer from the store, and try to run Windows update again. I think that’s what I did, it was a while ago.

This laptop is currently running Audirvana 3.5.44 without any problem that I’m aware of.

Yes, it really is not an Audirvana problem. I have Audirvana installed on a laptop with no problems. On the desktop PC I have problems with the Microsoft store and there is no way to fix it. I would have to install Windows 10 again, with all the time already invested. Finally I have Audirvana on the laptop and another audio program on the desktop PC. End of problem. :wink:
Thanks for your answer. Greetings.

After having to re-install windows on my computer, I had the same app container issues. After giving it a few days to install further updates, the app container issue was solved and then I was able to re-download Audrivana and install it.

So I’d agree it’s a Windows 10 issue.

1 Like

Depending on the Windows build that is installed, there can be a storm of updates that occur. I like to call it “update hell”.

1 Like

“Update hell” is a very good description.
The really sad thing is that Audirvana, knowing these problems, does not offer an alternative. For example, a “ZIP” file is easy. But … Oh! modernity, what works now if not now …
I have high-level applications from leading and well-known brands installed on my computer. They send a ZIP and of course you pay for the license. But … oh my god! Audirvana are much more modern. They do not realize that they are putting their own products in the hands of third parties.

Windows is still pushing updates to my computer as we speak. So you’re probably right, at least I seem to have been spared ‘complete windows update hell meltdown’ and was able to get Audirvana up and running after a few days.

Moncat - I agree there must be an easier solution rather than having to rely on a flaky windows app. On the flip side, I suppose Damien @ Audirvana has to take steps to protect his product from appearing on pirate sites.

You are right in everything you say. But sadly I think Audirvana isn’t up for these “little” problems like mine.