Ifi Neo stream dsd not working correctly

Are you referring to the Audirvana Buffer or the device?

O sorry, I thought I made it clear: in the Ifi app, so the buffer in the Neo Stream.

1 Like

Well… you exacerbated the bi-directional communication request interrupt latency by increasing the buffer to 64 MB… it’s a fine digital-audio network dance that you now understand how to manage… What is your Audirvana playback memory buffer allocation?

@Antoine will possibly want to update the settings on the “plays with Audirvana” page. Good job @DonaldM , that’s some perseverance!

10gb. I did not know those two are interrelated. I thought Audirvāna buffer is for preparing tracks in memory before replay, so as to have an uninterrupted stream of music within the mini, offered to the dac. The buffer in the Neo for network interruptions.

Thanks! There are so many variables. And even interrelated as @Agoldnear taught me.

From now on whenever I read one of your very informative posts, this is what I’ll see :wink::rofl: :rofl: :+1:

3 Likes

I updated the Neo Stream page :wink:

Thank you for your findings @DonaldM :smiley:

2 Likes

You may find that a playback pre-load buffer of 6GB will allow your system to flow better…
Also, move Audirvana from your Library drive to the System drive, you won’t be disappointed unless you have limited Virtual Memory available because the System drive is small and/or filled…:wink:

:sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

I’ll try 6gb. I don’t understand library drive and system drive!?
I only have one ssd drive in my mini, my music is on external drives. Both system folder and library folder are on the same ssd drive.

1 Like

The System drive is where macOS resides and for best performance macOS should be installed on the internal drive of the Mac Mini… this is where you should have Audirvana installed… Your Music Library should be unencumbered on it’s own drive(s) and only serve files to the macOS + Audirvana operations… the Library folder(s) residing on the Library drive(s)

1 Like

Ok. I understand. That is exactly as I have it right now, and always had. No music files/library on my ssd, and Audirvāna on the system drive.

1 Like

6gb it is. Very subtle but worthwhile.

???
The Library folder(s) residing on the Library drive(s) will serve you better than having them reside on the System drive… Less search and seek interrupts on the System drive bus where Virtual Memory activity may be competing for throughput…

Not so subtle in regard to synergistic operational efficiencies between System level activity and processing demand in Audirvana…

@Agoldnear You are confusing… in macos there is 2 libraries, main and users folder, he is on macos… not his or her library of music :grinning:

2 Likes

If I can decipher his special code the professor is saying that you should use a separate outboard drive to store your music files.
I’ve done it both ways on the Mac internal drive and with an external ssd, both work just fine for me. M1 MacBook internal drive working great.

1 Like

That is exactly, if I understand well, what I have: on the system ssd Audirvāna, and on my owc DAS the music files.
The confusion is that macOS has a system library and a system folder. I always call the hard disks where my music reside: music files on my hard drives and not music library. But is all semantics…

3 Likes

On a computer specifically for audio, I use it like this:

On the Mac SSD only the operating system and Audirvana.
And on an external SSD all music files. It always worked very well.

Everything separated by folders, for each type of file.

1 Like