Import / Export Playlists to other players

I installed on my Mac other players too:
Foobar2000 v2.3.0
Foobar2000 v2.6 (Beta)
Fidelia (from Apples App Store)
Media Center (JRiver - only Trial test copy)
Decibel (only beta, development has stopped)
and
Audirvana Studio

Foobar2000 v2.3.0 export playlists in m3u8 format, but Foobar2000 v2.6 (Beta) export now in fp format. Foobar2000 v2.6 could import m3u8 & m3u too.

Audirvana could import m3u8 (with error #EXTM3U = the first line in m3u8)
but could not import the new fp format from Foobar2000 v2.6
How I could import playlists in fp format?

Audirvana Studio export in m3u format (without #EXTM3U in the first line)

Addendum - a feature to export all playlist with one klick - but saved separately - would be a nice feature !

Foobar 2.0 can still export to m3u or m3u8 format. Where did you get the impression it can’t?
I use m3u/m3u8 in Foobar2000 2.1 preview all the time:
See screenshot below:

And in the save screen type a file name and choose the format you want. This is exactly the same as in older Foobar versions:

As you know *.fpl format is Foobar’s own proprietry format and is not compatible with any other music players. The only way you can make playlists compatible with most players is to use *.m3u or *.m3u8 format playlists.

As far as I know there is no Foobar2000 2.3 or 2.6. The newest version is Foobar2000 2.1 preview edition. All the Foobar’s I know always could import and export m3u and m3u8 files. Again where dit you get the impression they can’t?

The developer of the new Foobar2000 v2.6 (Beta) for Mac change the export format.
I had this urgend in the Foobar2000 v2.6 (Beta) for Mac forum now too!

PS: I use an M1 MacMini

That you are using a Mac was an important missing piece of information that I missed from you original post. I automatically asumed that if you mention Foobar2000 you mean the Windows version. Foobar2000 for the Mac has always been a more limited/crippled/afterthought version than the Windows one. Sorry for the confusion, but I don’t use Foobar on a Mac, so I can’t tell you about that.

1 Like

My first phrase:
“I installed on my Mac other players too:” :grinning:

Yep. I missed that sentence :wink:

1 Like

Offtopic here, but solve this problem - this I wrote in foobar2000 for mac thread
“In save playlist dialog window I must write a filename
if I write a filename without extension it creates a fp filetype
but if I append the extension .m3u8 or .m3u it creates the right filetype.
The select filetype window is missing!“

Append - this dialog is missing in the foobar2000 mac version v2.6 (Beta)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.