Importing Playlists from A+ 3.5 (Windows 11)

Hey all,

First install of Origin on my Windows 11 machine and was surprised to see a full rescan of my library and no imported Playlists from Audirvana+ 3.5. A+3.5 is still installed on the machine.

I have a backup of my 3.5 sqlite database and had A+ pointing to my Music folder on my OS drive for database storage. Music lives on a dedicated internal harddrive.

Is Origin supposed to import previous versions’ databases or is it a completely fresh environment? I’d hate to lose my playlists and date metadata.

thanks!

Hey there,

It is supposed to yes.

But i prefer to “fresh start” creating a new database with each major new version of Audirvana.

Previous attempts to import was disaster … :wink:

1 Like

Hi! thanks for the quick reply @Lolodesiles.

OK, I’ll see if moving my database back to the default location in 3.5 allows Origin to find it after wiping out the new database.

cheers!

Then after in Origin when you are set up, go in Library tab in preferences and backup your playlists on the bottom, to be able to restore if needed in the future

1 Like

thanks for that. Good tip.

I still can’t get Origin to recognize my existing install. After wiping out the first (Origin) database and moving the A+ db back to it’s original (I think) location, it’s just not picking it up.

Probably something to do with the way Windows hides and obfuscates those directories in AppData\Local\Packages....

I’ll try a couple other things, but if it doesn’t work, I’ll have to dig into it.

Additional suggestions welcomed.

Update: Got it!

Trick was to find the different Audirvana App directories under: ~\AppData\Local\Packages.

The two versions have different application identifiers, for example:

Audirvana.Audirvana-4118-9484-d80dbb7827cd_q3nymrkmej12j     
Audirvana.Audirvana-d488-4ebf-b1c4-596e08349a6a_q3nymrkmej12j

First one was Audirvana Plus 3.5 and second was Audirvana Origin.

Copying my first directory’s LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\AudirvanaPlus\AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite file into the second directory’s LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\AudirvanaPlus folder and deleting Audirvana Origin’s sqlite file from (second directory’s) LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana folder, allowed Origin to find it on next start.

Playlists recovered!

Sidenote: I really hate the way Windows has implemented these app directories, but if you’re using the Windows APIs this is what it looks like. Sorry if my instructions above aren’t clear. I can try to clarify further if there’s interest / need.

Happy listening!

3 Likes