Inappropriate breaks between tracks?

For albums where the tracks are supposed to play “attacca” immediately after each other (e.g., Dark Side of the Moon), Audirvana is adding a break lasting for about a second between the tracks. This happens when playing either a CD burned to my drive played through Audirvana or when streaming Qobuz on Audirvana - if I stream the album from Qobuz directly through my DAC this does not happen. Any ideas?

Hi Dave!
What you are looking for is called gapless playback. Yes, Audirvana has it’s troubles with this. If your gear is capable of receiving from USB, try this. You can also check with WASAPI driver in case you are now on ASIO.
BR
BB

Thanks BB! Will give it a try, but USB is not be the recommended input for my network DAC. This seems like a fixable problem … Damien??

Thanks Dave

Hi Dave!
What is your DAC? Some are infamous for not accepting gapless and it is claimed to be a driver problem. Next step could be to look for firmware update or contact the manufacturer.

BR
BB

Hi BB - thanks for the follow-up. I’m running a dCS Bartok (network DAC). The reason why I think it’s an Audirvana problem is that if I play the tracks from my library (burned from CD) or streamed on Qobuz through Audirvana I get the gap, but if I stream the same tracks on Qobuz directly through the dCS app there is no gap. I’ll contact dCS anyway. Thanks, Dave

Hello @Dave,

This kind of issue is related to the fact that dCS app use a proprietary protocol to connect to your DAC. This means that the UPnP media render protocol is not properly implemented in their application. You should definitely contact them about this so they can fix it.