Install in a different and static dir ??

Hi …

Will it be possible to install the full version in a dir chosen by the user himself and by the program ?

And when new versions will be out, will it be possible to upgrade and then, not to lose all the upsampling settings (cause at now I’m losing those settings at each new build installed) ??

Thanks for the reply …

LePousson

Hi,

The ClickOnce technology used for the installation is behaving in a “Windows Store” way: the installation directory can’t be chosen.
Though in theory you could just copy all the .exe and .dll files to another directory.
Regarding the settings, this should not happen I’ll look at that.

Damien

I think the most important is that the software can be installed in a specific dir, but not so deep,y in the hard drive …

Something like C:\Programs Files\Audirvana\ could be perfect …

LePousson

BTW, why would you want this?

I meant that the most important is to set the install dir to be the same one from one release to the other, which is not set at now …

And because of that install dir change, the licence may not be kept, and all the settings will be gone away …

That’s why I think it is very important that the install is done in the same dir, no matter the version installed and/or being installed …

LePousson