Very honestly, and as much as I’m a long time Audirvana User - and lover ( Sound Quality prevail ), I never lost so much time in my life (and I’m a UX Designer, normally) trying to understand AS ways.
- Try to make a selection from your Albums Library. That works.
- Then try to make a playlist from it. With the same criteria. Impossible.
- Ok. I will create a Smart Playlist then, with the same criteria. OMG. Half the results.
- Ok I will add Rules, since I suspect that with “Smart” Playlists, case is important.
- Nope. I still don’t get the results I got by just filtering my Local Albums.
Then you try to get a tutorial or some help, and you don’t get any.
In the meanwhile, AS is still “ANALYZING” my files FOREVER, slowing everything down, making the UI unresponsive ( spinning spinning spinning ). I suspect it’s only for Qobuz or Tidal Subscribers, for Marketing Reasons - which I understand, but I’m not interested.
Then I try, with Yate, to get rid of a few duplicates in my library, and resync.
“Go to Hell”, AS says, my changes don’t reflect. I have to erase completely my SQL and rebuild it from scratch to get a “normal” view of my files.
In the meanwhile, I have to back up my playlists and restore, then reorganize, because the hierarchy ( folders, etc,) didn’t follow, obviously.
Honestly? I can’t call that bugs, but huge flaws. It’s a disrespect for AS users. Reading the forums, all of what I wrote is well known. Not in the roadmap, I suppose: Our priorities go to our arrangements with our Streaming Partners.
Mais moi je m’en tape, de ça, Damien. Je suis un supporter de long date - depuis le début on va dire, mais ça va trop loin ces frustrations.