Is Audirvana 3.2.20 compatible with MacOS Big Sur?

Does anyone happen to know whether version 3.2.20 is compatible with MacOS Big Sur?

As I’ve noted elsewhere, the 3.5 UI is a complete dealbreaker for me. I went back to 3.2.20 earlier this year, and I couldn’t be happier to have its basic functionality, design efficiency, and features back.

What I am uncertain about, currently, is whether I can update my 2018 Mac Mini, from Catalina 10.15.7, and expect to be able to continue using 3.2.20, with OS 11.1. I will not do so, if it means being forced to fight with Audirvana 3.5’s ham-handed design again.

Does anyone have any experience with running version 3.2.20 on Big Sur? @Antoine, could you possibly offer some insight?

Thank you very much. Sorry if this is redundant, but I can’t seem to find any clear guidance on this topic yet.

Yes, i have this question too.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

Surely, it can’t be completely uncharted territory.

@Antoine, or anyone else capable of answering, could you please kindly shed some light on this for @Alberto and I?

Thank you very much.

Can anyone please lend some insight here?

@Antoine, since this is the only technical support your app seems to offer, I’m just relegated to shouting into a void on this forum, until someone deigns to answer.

As someone who has paid for version 3.5 and found it so cumbersome and poorly designed that I chose instead to downgrade to the previous release, for the efficiency, functionality, and intuitive nature of its design, I am not someone who is simply trying to avoid the price of an upgrade.

Can someone, anyone, please simply answer this simple question?!

Thank you very much.

We do not support 3.2 version anymore so we can’t guarantee it will work on Big Sur.

Thank you very much, @Antoine.

Does anyone else happen to have an answer to this question? It would be greatly appreciated, since the developer of the software apparently can’t provide the ongoing support for version 3.2 he once promised.

@Antoine, is there any sort of update or new version coming out that will make the UI more user-friendly, or at least make some of the most glaring inefficiencies, in the current version, optional?

Specifically, it would be great to be able to better optimize the way the interface uses screen space (oversized rows, massive, useless, ugly graphics panels), and the lack of a column view option (similar to iTunes/ Music or Audirvana pre-3.5), along with the forced, multiple selections, when browsing Artist/ Album filters are complete deal breakers.

I dislike the current iteration of the app so much that I asked for a refund, shortly after I paid for it and upgraded. Alas, I never received a response, just like the numerous other users who have posted both here and elsewhere with the similar complaints about version 3.5.

It would be helpful to at least know whether I should stay with Audirvana as my music playback software, or if I should simply give up on it, after almost five years. I was an extremely satisfied user, until Version 3.5 came out. A year and a half later, I’m about at the end of my rope with the fact that the app has not been improved, even after this release proved to be a disaster and so many suggestions have been made and ignored, for its improvement.

Thanks again for your help.

We received the feedback about the issues with UI on 3.5 and we are working on improvement on it but that’s the only thing I can say so far.

With a bit of effort you could work this out for yourself. I didn’t fully upgrade to big sur until i tried it with AV on a separate partition on my hard drive. So, my suggestion is to create a new drive partition, install Big Sur and AV there, and boot into it. You can map your music library to the existing folders/disks. If AC 3.2 doesn’t work there, you’ve got your answer.

Easiest way is if your Catalina is formatted in apfs, just add a container and install big sur there. If it work, trash the Catalina container after

I made a quick test on an external SSD with Big Sur 11.1. Audirvana 3.2 plays music but there was an issue with “folders to synchronise”. I couldn’t delete or add a watched folder. HTH.

Hi~

I got tired of dealing with MacOS Catalina and decided to take the advice of @RunHomeSlow and try installing Big Sur in a new container on my 2018 Mac Mini.

However, when I opened Audirvana in the new container, I was prompted for a license key again. Assuming I would need to deauthorize Audirvana 3.2.20, on the container that is still running Catalina, I went ahead and did that.

Upon restarting and once again logging into the container with Big Sur installed, I entered my license key when prompted after launching Audirvana. I was then notified that I could not reauthorize the computer for another 24 hours, following deauthorization. Apparently, Audirvana did not recognize that I was using it on the same computer when I tried to start it initially, on the Big Sur container, but it knows I’m on the same computer when I go to the trouble of shutting down, restarting in a different partition, deauthorizing, shutting down, and restarting again, in the new container.

@Antoine, could you please deauthorize all computers under my license key, so that I can finally begin this whole experiment?

Moreover, @Antoine, could you PLEASE centralize the authorization/ deauthorization management of devices on the Audirvana website or elsewhere, so that this forum isn’t the first, last, and only resort, when someone has an authorization issue and needs to free up their license key? It’s insanely convoluted, beyond the pale of imagination or rational thought, to have individual users coming to this forum to take the time of the developer/ owner of the software to manage their authorizations. Surely, you have better things to be doing, like designing something better than Audirvana 3.5.

I certainly know I have better things to do, at 5:30 in the morning, after fighting with my computer all day, than to come noodling around here to ask someone to manage my authorizations on a software, for which I paid $75.00.

Thank you very much for your prompt attention, @Antoine.

@RunHomeSlow, thank you for the advice. The container was super easy to set up. If only it were as easy to start and use Audirvana on it.

Hello @GaseousClay,

I have removed all your computers from the license database.
You can now activate up to two Mac computers.

To install Audirvana on your Mac, you can proceed as follows:

1. install trial version : https://audirvana.com/try-mac/
  2. unlock it by loading your license key

We are working on the possibility for users to deauthorize their computer without us but it will take time to do this.