Is DSD native or DoP for NAD D 3045 in Audirvana

Is anyone out there using a NAD D 3045 with Audirvana? I just want to know whether Audirvana shows it as DSD native or DoP. I can’t seem to find an answer to this anywhere and would like to know before purchasing it.

Does it matter to you? Are you on a Mac or a PC?

Yes it matters to me, that’s why I asked the question, and I’m on a Mac.

Since you’re using the Mac, you can only do DoP anyway. So you should be good.

macOS is not able to send raw DSD streams. That’s why the DSD over PCM standard has been developed: to send raw DSD in a fake PCM stream.
To identify it as such, there are 8 bit markers in it.
And the presence of these markers doubles the need of bandwidth, thus explaining why on a mac only half of the max DSD rate is available.

I also have a KORG DS-DAC-100 that I use for DSD playback with their AudioGate software. This is the description from their site, “Native DSD playback of 2.8224 MHz or 5.6448 MHz DSD files”. There was a kernel extension that was installed, so maybe that’s why it supports native DSD on a Mac or am I wrong here? Here’s a link to their product page:

That’s true … but a driver is needed, without a driver (developed by the dac company) it’s as described before

Is putting the DSD stream in a PCM container (I guess what DoP does) the same quality as native or is it degraded?

Same quality, just a 8bit header is added to let the dac recognize the stream

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.