Is there a way to get the numerical order I want in playlists?

Many of my classical playlists contain numbers, i.e. Piano Sonata No. 1, Piano Sonata No. 10. Right now the numerical ordering works like this:

1 10 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

as opposed to

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

I would have to put a 0 in front of all single-digit numbers to get the correct order, but these playlists are ported from iTunes where doing so is not necessary.

do you have a meta data editor app? These allow you to set track number as well as album art, file name, release dates, artists etc. They are very useful and I use them for all of my classical music.

I suggest getting one.

I use the macOS Music app for that purpose.

But it’s not the metadata in the file that’s the problem, it’s the playlists and the way Audirvana orders numbers. I know I can fix this by changing the playlist titles to Piano Sonata No. 01, I just don’t want to. Lol.

I’m just wondering if Audirvana can change the way it sorts numbers so it will place 10 after 9 rather than after 1.

Hi there Anthony764.
I’m so frustrated by the same problem. It seems so weirdly illogical (also in the way it sorts albums with BWV or opus numbers).
did you find a solution?

Thanks SO much for any tips.
Kris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.