Is Wasapi in Audirvana event or push driven?

I want to upgrade my DAC, the Audio-gd R8, with the all new Anamero USB card. It seems it only works properly when the source is Wasapi event driven.

Hi Nemo,

i my experience the Amanero USB has its own driver, which requires ASIO:
download Combo384 Driver 1.067 for Windows 10 - Windows 8 - Windows 7

You are right, but the DAC accepts only Wasapi. I just contacted the dealer of the DAC. He told me that with the upgrade the firmware also will be renewed. With the new firmware Asio will be possible.

I have the r28 2021 version and Audirvana Studio works fine in WASAPI and Kernel Streaming mode, but when I select ASIO, Audirvana crashes when play back starts. Any advice would be appreciated. I have the latest Combo384 drivers from the Amanero website installed.

Hello @WillieB, can you send us your log and dmp file at support@audirvana.com?

It can be in two different locations :
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

to show AppData folder:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10-97fbc472-c603-9d90-91d0-1166d1d9f4b5

Correction, It only crashes when I have the Fabfilter Pro-Q3 plugin in real-time mode. With the plugin enabled and not in real-time mode, it works fine. I am playing only PCM files.

I just emailed a new dump and log file tonight. I have also created a new related to Pro-Q3 plugin. Hopefully this dump can serve for both issues.