Issues with version of Studio 1.8.0

I have Studio 1.8.0 installed. The program is so unstable that it is impossible to work. It keeps crashing and not responding to any clicking. All you can do is close the program. Besides, if it does not freeze, it works so slowly that it reacts with a very long delay.
Also, if an artist is displayed, the Top Tracks section does not display the track list correctly.
Only parts of the texts are displayed.

Does anyone else have such problems?
I am a new user and I am deeply disappointed with this app.

I have a new and hi-performance notebook with Windows 11.

1 Like

@Jim_F what you have your buffer size at ? Could it be something simple a few windows guys having issues ?

I’ve seen a couple guys at least that had all their ram set in buffer
One guy had 32gb buffer, First easy thing to check?

@DarekSRV go into your preferences, Audio and check your buffer size somewhere around 4gb should work

Yes Jim I was trying to get darekSRV attention if he’s still awake

Great to hear your updates went well, always some teething issues it seems

Directly connected DAC works fine with 1.8. However when I try the DAC connected to my microRendu I get an immediate crash every time. Windows 11, latest development version.

Just tried with MacOS Monterey Beta 2. That works fine streaming to the microRendu.

I’ve been using Win11 development track for months, and no other Audirvana Studio build has had this problem. So instead of blowing away and having to restore all my data and apps in a different version of Windows, I think I’ll hang on and trust Damien and team will have a resolution.

Can anyone remind me where the crash/minidump logs are so I can provide those if needed? Thanks.

Never mind, found it. Crash was caused by a divide-by-zero error. I have the dump file zipped into a 455KB 7-zip archive if needed.

I’m on Catalina. After updating, I get an immediate program crash if I try to play any kind of DSD file. No fun.

DarekSRV, sorry to read that AS doesnt work for you right away. Here it works flawlessly. I understand that you may be a bit desperate when computer problems occur, but using strong words like “unstable”, “impossible to work with”, “deeply disappointed” does not motivate the hard working developers and the people of this forum to help you out. May I also suggest that you change the title of this thread accordingly?

3 Likes

You can now update to the just released 1.8.1 that fixes this issue.

1 Like

@Antoine
@Damien
Hi Antoine, Damien, I removed this post from Lounge where I posted it initially, because it was not the right place for that.
Folders View is a great improvement that we have been asking for so long, but it’s OK here it is finally.
But, please why the arrows and folder icons are so small. (red circles in the following picture).

@Antoine
@Damien
I have a suggestion for the new folder view. You should allow fast search by typing the first letters of artist name and auto selecting the first occurrence of what have been typed. It would be great.

1 Like

The issues with the selection highlight sync is still there, it the folder view. If you switch to any other view and back to folder view, it’s synced immediately.