Laptop and cables break-in?

Hello! I just bought a new laptop and a new USB cable to connect Audirvana to my DAC. SONOS wasn’t great as a source, but this sounds really awful; the low is very bad. Any experience with break-in of laptop/cables? I have Tidal Hi-res, so it should not be the source.

thanks,

Andreas

Which laptop did you get? Can you poste the debug info here?

Hey! I have a Lenovo thinkpad L390 Yoga. The DAC is a Wells Audio Cipher, speakers are Martin Logan esl11a.

Using the ARC software (perfect bass kit),

It seems the low frequency had some distortion, for the frequency between 20-50 hz it’s now less but still there.

I only use Tidal, no NAS or local library.

What debugging would you suggest? Are there certain file format settings I can change, e.g. the DAC does not support MQA.

Thanks for the help!

Andreas

Download few sampler files and experiment with local files.

You can disable MQA auto-detect and set it manually to “non MQA”.

I have used a couple of Audio USB cables between my Hp ELITE 800 and my Chord Qutest dac… Yes far better than a USB data cable… Yes I have found that about 30 hours works roughly for break in aurialy. There was a settling down period. Wether it was my brass ears settling down or the cable is probably another debate…

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.