Library create/update extremely slow

Hello,
I have a big issue on the update of the music library.
My music files (1.4 TB mainly flac) are stored on an external USB disk drive. Until now the sync operation was taken about 15 to 20 minutes.
Yesterday I changed the disk and tried to rebuild the library. First I have eliminated the old directories (clicking on minus sign) and then add the new ones. After about 24 hours it loaded not more then 15% of the music files.
So I have deleted the library files and re-create it from scratch. The problem is still there: the creation of the library is extremely slow: 160 albums in two hours.
The Audirvana version is the 2.6.6 running under Yosemite.
Any clue?
Thanks for the help

You have Quit Audirvana, trash that file: AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite in home library folder, Application Support folder… Audirvana
Restart your Mac then put back a new library?

is your new drive formatted HFS or for windows compatible Fat32 or NTFS… i think they are slower then HFS for Mac only.

The new drive is formatted Mac OS Extended (journaled).
I only deleted AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite, restarted the computer and then launched Audirvana and create a new library. I can’t find the Application Support folder you talk about. Where should it be?

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Close A+
Open A+ preferences, remove your database there with minus sign agsain like you did if there is one there.
Go to your MAC User Folder… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up or not!)

Restart MAC, Restart A+, then select your music folder, then wait :slight_smile:

Best is not doing nothing while it is loading, it will seems to be all wrong, but just wait…