Hello, Recently purchased Audirvana. Love the product so far, but need help on the following:
The issue I encounter is that the A installations display a different number of albums from the same library. In other words, albums go missing on one installation and other albums are missed on the other. No overlap; the number of albums missed is different across the two A installations.
The set up I have is as follows:
· Installed are two copies of A. Latest version of A as of the time of writing this. License key purchased and activated
· One installation is on an iMac, used for adding music files and editing metadata etc as I add to and build up the music library
· The other installation runs on an Mac Mini and does the work when actually listening to music
· Music files are all on a Synology NAS.
· When setting up the A installation, I have created a single directory on the NAS for the Library database file path (i.e. where the AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite file is). So both installations point towards that directory / file.
As said, here is the discrepancy. The Mac Mini installation currently displays 1,145 albums, whereas, from the same library on the NAS, the iMac installation finds currently 1,134 albums. Strangely, the Mac Mini installation misses some albums that the iMac installation of A does find and the other way around.
Perhaps it was a bad idea to have both installation point at the same (xxx directory) on the NAs and I should have left this to the respective HDD of the iMac and Mac Mini???
Looking for advice from this community on:
- what could be the cause?
- what are the steps to correct this?
Before changing anything and make things worse, I’d rather look some good advice first. Sorry, I am not a tech-guy.