Library Sync to NAS

Hello, I have encountered a problem on re-creating the library. I had Ver 3.5.42 but there are many duplications in the Library. However, I can not re-sync the library even though I have deleted the database and re-install the program. I have looked at the console and find the following strange error. I believe this error stop the creating of the library by Audirvana.

The server directory is Music Library

Local Library Sync: error recursively enumerating file:///Volumes/Server/Music%20Library/2019/DSD/06%20%E9%9F%B3%E6%A8%82/009%20Classical/Andre%20Previn%20-%20Tchaikovsky%20The%20Nutcracker%20%5BSACD-ISO%5D : Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 “The file “Andre Previn - Tchaikovsky The Nutcracker [SACD-ISO]” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.” UserInfo={NSURL=file:///Volumes/Server/Music%20Library/2019/DSD/06%20%E9%9F%B3%E6%A8%82/009%20Classical/Andre%20Previn%20-%20Tchaikovsky%20The%20Nutcracker%20%5BSACD-ISO%5D, NSFilePath=/Volumes/Server/Music Library/2019/DSD/06 音樂/009 Classical/Andre Previn - Tchaikovsky The Nutcracker [SACD-ISO], NSUnderlyingError=0x600000cb96e0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 “No such file or directory”}}

I have removed the above files from the Synology NAS but the error keep on coming up. What will be the solution to resolve this? I did re-define to a smaller subdirectory of the Music Library, it does work but not work with the Music Library main directory. I have no problem with the previous version of Audirvana but the tracks alway duplicate. There is why I like to rebuild the whole music library.

Here is my debug information :
udirvana Mac Version 3.5.42 (3572)
macOS 10.15.7 with 16384MB RAM

Registered to Anthony Lee

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
	Globally: OFF
	Per track: ON
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
SoX not in use
SoX filter parameters
Bandwidth at 0dB = 99.5
Filter max length = 30000
Anti-aliasing = 100
Phase = 66

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: OFF

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 1 folders
AUTO: /Volumes/Server/Music Library
iTunes/Music library synchronization: not synchronized
Library database path: /Users/anthonymanhonlee/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

CoreAudio audio path, buffer I/O frame size: 512

Max. memory for audio buffers: 13312MB

Local Audio Engine:
Exclusive access: Enabled
Integer mode: Disabled

Preferred device:
exD USB Audio Out
Model UID:exD USB-DSD Audio:ABCD:0008
UID:AppleUSBAudioEngine:exD :exD USB-DSD Audio:DSD_DoP:1

Active Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
Hog Mode is off

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: none
Sample rate switching latency: none
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: ON
Mute during sample rate change: OFF

Selected device:
Local audio device
ID 0x30 Built-in Output Manufacturer:Apple Inc.
Model UID:AppleHDA:82 UID:AppleHDAEngineOutput:1B,0,1,1:0

4 available sample rates up to 96000Hz
Audio buffer frame size : 14 to 4096 frames
Current I/O buffer frame size : 512
Volume Control
Physical: No
Virtual: Yes
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: Yes
Not a MQA device, user set to not MQA
DSD capability: DSD via PCM 1.0
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:1 R:2
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: Yes

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1

Stream ID 0x31 2 channels starting at 1
4 virtual formats:
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 44.1kHz

12 physical formats
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 44.1kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 20 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 20 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 20 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 20 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 44.1kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz

Local devices found : 1
Device #0: ID 0x30 Built-in Output Manufacturer: Apple Inc. Model UID: AppleHDA:82 UID: AppleHDAEngineOutput:1B,0,1,1:0

UPnP devices found : 1
Device #0: ID 0x0 KD-49X8500F UID: uuid:23456789-1234-1010-8000-CC988BC99749 Location: http://192.168.50.2:52323/MediaRenderer.xml

Sir, can you take a look at your Indexing settings? https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/application_mediaindexservice_general

Just check the indexing setting, there is no file created. I will now try to create index service and see what happen?

If you don’t have indexing, don’t enable this. Can you also take a look at your sharing folder if it has recycle bin activated?

https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/file_share_recycle

The empty bin is activated. Should I manually empty it?

Yes please, after doing this, do you still have the error?

You should disable it for that share.

After all this , I still got the same error about that particular file from the Console

Strangely, I have an old version 3…5.38 on my other macbook Pro, the audirvana is working perfectly on the files sync on that Macbook Pro. It is really annoying " Local Library Sync Error"

I had access the directory before I open Audrivana, now the directory can be accessed. But then another error come up saying that there is a Local Library Sync Error but point to another directory and files that I have not access. Look like that Audirvana read a cashe copy of the directory. Please fix that as it is really annoying to have this bug during directory reading error. My library cannot be rebuilt.

Have you correctly remove your database located here: /Users/anthonymanhonlee/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite and opened Audirvana again to create a new database?

Yes, I have remove the database, preference and even uninstall and reinstall the apps several times. It work until i access those problem folders before I start Audirvana.

That’s strange, what is the version of DSM you have installed?

DM 6.1.3 , i did manage to add album to Library but only 2800 albums out of 6000 albums were added to the Apps. I believe some folders still miss from the Library.

Can you update to DSM 6.2.3 ?

I will check and see whether it is the NAS, but I did find the same error happened in previous version of audirvana (3.5.38).

I am finally manage to fix this problem. Look like that if the directory contains some special character like . < > and European Character in a US keyboard environment, The library Sync function will cease to work in version 3.5.42. The work around is to modify the name of these directories to normal character and re-sync again. Thank you for your support. Hope this experience can also help others.

I am having the same library problem with a Synology NAS w/ current DSM software. It worked fine for about a year, until today, when suddenly Audirvana would play the wrong file when I clicked on a file, so I tried to rebuild, defragment, etc. and it still didn’t correct this issue, so I removed the library and re-added, and now it won’t sync at all.

1. I deleted the database file in “application support,” and re-added the shared folder/library.

2. I did accidentally have recycle bin auto-enabled for that NAS folder, but have removed it.

3. I just turned off the NAS indexing on the library folder, to see if that was the issue (indexing was enabled on the NAS, but it worked fine until today).

Despite the above, Audirvana will not load or sync with the library - it is just saying “loading…” in Audirvana, and nothing in the library.

Before you try to sync your music. Can you open the app Console of MacOS and search Audirvana? After doing this, can you try to add your folder and take a look at console if you have an error in it?