Linux app ram leak?

My ram is only 1 gig on the Allo.
When I play music the ram usage after a few songs gets all the way to 100% at which point Linux freezes up entirely.

My cache size is set to 258,Mb
But as you can clearly see by max cache size their an obvious issue.

Card is 128Gb micro SD that Linux is installed on (Gentoo player)
Not sure if ram leak, cache file reading / writing error or I’d the Allo is judtvnkgij enough for audirvana.

Same issue for me on Moode 9.0.0 on RPI 4b 2GB ram.

Ram usage incresing song by song.

1 Like

even if i stop playback, it continues to climb. After an hour my streamer bricks and i have to unplug it and start it over.

1 Like

Hi @Kenneth_Moreira,

Does the issue happen when you go from a long track to a shorter one? All of this needs to be done without upsampling activated.

For me, it doesn’t matter what i’m playing, or in what order. When playing, RAM usage raise in time. I’m doesn’t have any upsampling, DAC is Fiio K5 Pro via usb direct or sometime via UPNP receiver, playing flacs from ssd drive and Tidal tracks.

It looks like it’s caching all previous played tracks, but ignores max buffer settings, so after some time i have Out Of Memory error. I would say, it should clear previous played tracks from RAM or cache 1-2 previous songs. But it’s my theory.

1 Like

I play any song or selection this issue happens.
It only goes down when I restart the streamer.

It does clear about half of the used ram. If u unlock the output device in gjf audirvana app

I only play music without upsampling.

1 Like

My max buffer is an issue as well, it shows over 200 Peta bytes available but I only have 1 Gb ram.

I can’t move the slider at all without it jumping to a massive number. So I leave it on 256mb

Please wait for the next update of the Linux version as we made some changes regarding this.

1 Like

Yeah the 2.8 version did not change it for me at all

1 Like

For me ram leak still occuring in 2.8.2

Ram usage still raising from track to track and after ram is end, playback stopping. But i would say, ram fullfilling occur later than in previous version.

I don’t even have to play music. Once the service starts the ram starts to build up. No songs pre loading.

I see there is now a handler which stops playing before ram usage gets 100%, it’s prevents crashing whole system.

Anyway, after last update i could play music more hours without interruption.

But i think it should do not exceed the set buffer.

This is strange. What do you mean when you say : ‘it shows over 200 PBytes available?’. If your device has only 1 Gb of RAM memory, the max should be 1 Gb or lower in the memory usage report.

1 Gb is probably a bit on the low side.

this issue has changed in the recent update. it now shows a maximum of 256 Mb
however the slider doesn’t change now. It’s at 256Mb with a maximum available of 256.

But, it is still using more than 256mb.

Hi @Kenneth_Moreira and @Maverick565,

Do you have upsampling activated?

No

First of all i would to notify that sound on my RPI 4 2G is fantastic. But unfortunately it still has memory leak in 2.8.2.2_amd64 Studio. After some hours my RPI is stuck with no memory.

Please update us with any news about this issue

I have a 2Gb RPi as well, but I do not experience this issue.

is it even get stuck without playing? Or after continuous playing? Or playing in intervals?

And after how much time (roughly) does the Pi get stuck?

I will try if I can replicate it, but I need to know what to look for,