Listing files by format

Dear Audirvana team, I am generally very satisfied with Origin, after some months use.
I have a question. I have many vinyl rips to DSD 5,6 mhz format (double speed DSD), that are part of my main library, which also includes PCM files. I click on DSD in the menu to display the DSD files. However I also got a lot of DSD rips from an earlier setup, recorded to single speed DSD. These recordings have less optimal sound and I don’t want to include them in my main library. What can I do, to be able to play them in Audirvana? Can I create a new library for these files? I can’t see a choice where the program can shift between libraries. Or could the program distinguish between different file formats? This could be the most elegant solution – a user could click on DSD (all) and also filter by format (single speed, double). And similar for PCM formats.

Just make a ‘smart playlist’ or many…
then, whenever you add that format…
it will follow there… they are so smart :wink:

thank you.
So I cannot create more data bases - libraries - correct?
What I can do is to differentiate file types better within the library, thru playlists? I have not tried this.
I will - reluctantly - include my 300 so so DSD recordings, in the library. And then, try to make the playlists for double, and single speed, DSD files,
Right?

Yes you can, but to much trouble to change your .sqlite file every time you want to see that or see that layout…

Yes like in my picture, easy, updatable automatically, try it

Again, yes like in my picture, same as you want to see only files in 24/96 or see only jazz rock tag that you made…

Thanks a lot, for helpful advice.
I will try this, when I get home.
Although I miss the possibility to use different data bases.
But maybe you have your reasons for using just one, and filter from there,
Oystein

You can use many database if you are willing to replace it every time
you need to use that one specifically…

this is where your database is located… mine is on a Mac…

You just have to close Audirvana, then go there in your computer…
and put the database that you format with the settings you want or files that you want in…
and replace it (or not replace it), just remove it on the desktop for example, and put the other one you have and re open Audirvana, and it will see THAT database…

you can have as many as you want… make copies…
if by error you replace/erase one you want to keep :slight_smile: