Lumin d1 settings

I’m would like to understand the best setup for 3.5 and my Lumin d1. Do I let Audirvana do the up sampling or the Lumin d1?

When you upsample in Audirvana, you have to know what you are doing with the sliders…
With the Lumin d1 you mean not upsampling, let it play the files like they are?
Best way for me, less bugs, no skipping while track playing, no ticks or pops, less computer working, trouble free :slight_smile:

So your saying, let the Lumin do the upscaling? If that’s the case, what is the real benefit of Audiravana 3.5? I’ve owned the product going back to using it with a custom Mac mini relays ago.

Me i don’t upsample in Audirvana… I let it play my files like they are… my DAC do the thing…
When you check upsampling in Audirvana you have to play with the sliders to adjusts them…
If you think you can do better then the Lumen, have fun… i can’t :slight_smile:

I use the upsample all my files to DSD128 before with some Izotope Settings then, with sliders settings that people says were good… but it is all different from house to house, system to system… so you have to adjust that yourself and compare to really see (a difference?)… then after maybe some bugs will occure… i sent 24-96 it is out as 24-96, send DSD128 out as DSD128… Enjoy Audirvana with bugs :slight_smile:

I’m confused as one post you don’t up sample and next post you do? Please clarify or am I missing something?

i don’t upsample anymore, i use to.

thanks for your input!

It plays bit perfect. That’s the point, it stays as close to the source as possible.

Do you think it will do a better job that just streamer from the Lumin d1?

Sound quality wise, no. It will offer you a nice® interface. I don’t know how good is the Lumin app.

@Jdelena many people in this forum prefer not to upsample and fine the sound more natural. In my situation, I spent a lot of time with or without upsampling, going back and forth again and again. I ended up with Audirvana upsampling before sending the data to the DAC. It is really a matter of personal choice. With regard to bugs, I have been lucky and I never had any problems with my settings.

I guess you are now a little more confused than before :wink:

Not confused just very curious as I own the product but I really don’t use it. Seems like a waste so hence the questions. Thanks again