Lyrics in Audirvana

This would certainly be a great addition, especially if we could use .LRC files for synchronized lyrics.

Ok, good idea

it is a non sense to me, go buy some karaokey machine instead ^^

1 Like

1 Like

Does not work with Audirvana Studio… Does not seem to recognise the App.
Anyone knows? I already opened a ticket/issue on Github.

What does not work and how is it related to this thread? This thread is about wanting to add lyrics to Audirvana. Maybe you should post this somewhere else?

Of course it is related… above LyricsX was proposed as a solution to bring Lyrics to Audirvana… As LyricsX is not working with Audirvana Studio, the question is if there are alternative ways to bring Lyrics to Audirvana.

Excuse me if I did not understand that from your very clear and elaborate text above :wink:

1 Like

Hi @trex,

I’m aware of this but I can’t tell you how they managed to make it works for Audirvāna Origin and not for Audirvāna Studio.

I’m sorry but it’s not our priority but if someone on the Github of LyricsX knows what need to be added in their code to make it works, feel free to reach me at support@audirvana.com

Hello Antoine
Many thanks. I think in general Lyricsx is a shaky solution and it does not seem to be maintained well anymore.
I am a bit curious, why Audirvana would not use the API Data for lyrics provided by the streaming services.
For example Tidal has an API-function that allows getting of the lyrics currently played. Sounds to me that this would be quite possible to implement with little effort.
Can you discuss this with the developpers?
Thanks

They do have an API for this but l’m not quite sure it is available for their partners since there is some legal impact about letting a partner using this info. But I will double check if they made an update about it in their API.

2 Likes

sounds good!
Thanks for checking.

Hi @trex,

I had the answer from Tidal:

“Lyrics are not available through our partner API.”

Hello, is it possible to play local lyrics?

All my songs contain local lyrics, but audirvana cannot play local lyrics. I want audiravana origin to play local lyrics.

1 Like

I’d love that too. Currently on the fence between this and Roon. Better sound quality vs utility. Shame there has to be a tradeoff. Audirvana is so close.

Life is always a trade-off. As an older music lover, nothing trumps sound quality in my opinion, least of all lyrics…

For the longer term, it is easier for Audirvana to add “fluffy” features as the app develops than it probably will be for Roon to find the “secret sauce” to match Audirvana’s sound quality… Decisions, decisions… :thinking:

2 Likes

I reckon if you need to read the lyrics, the performer has failed in communicating! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@YiGeRen
If you are reading lyrics, you are not listening with full attention and missing the contextual premise of Audirvana and the pursuit of the ultimate delivery of the encoded signal to your DAC… If you are having trouble understanding lyrics as sung, then this opens a whole new can of worms and this can be related to other technical factors… or simply a matter of language differences?

@soigrev You can get and read lyrics anytime…The ultimate playback of the encoded signal is not worth compromising sound-quality with superfluous functions… There should never be a reason for a trade-off in sound-quality for any reason…

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

You people get really defensive when it comes to criticising this music player.

Why can’t you people understand that a friendly UI experience is valuable to some. Why do you settle for second best when it comes to features to YOUR favourite music player. Why aren’t you happy for there to be more features and people requesting better for their favourite software?

Are you saying that people can’t read and enjoy good quality audio at the same time? Are you projecting?

It is ridiculous to me that you have to be passive aggressive to someone who requested a feature that does nothing but benefit those who use it.

I won’t be replying to nonsense responses anymore because it seems that this forum is almost cult-like and it is definitely not good for anyone’s mental health.

Let me make it clear in simple words. Just because something is good, doesn’t mean it can’t be better.

2 Likes