Mac Mini and Marantz AV8805

What’s the best way to hook up a Mac Mini 2018 to the Marantz 8805? I have tried connecting it via HDMI to the Marantz, but running into issues that prevent playing DSD. Is there another way it should be hooked up or a setting that I’m missing? Open to recommendations as this is the first time I’ve used Audirvana.

Hello @ricklowes360,

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

I have connected my Mac to my Marantz PM6006 using its Optical input and the Macs sound out which is digital and uses the mini toslink.

I bought the cable from Amazon cost just under £10, you can buy more expensive versions elsewhere but being digital it really should just work as it’s just 1s and 0s :slightly_smiling_face:

Fisual Pearl Mini-Toslink to Optical Cable (Apple Mac Special) - White (2m) https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00856P9C0/ref=cm_sw_r_em_api_glt_fabc_0D0VDQNQR10TBXEM13K7?psc=1

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.