I love using Audirvana on my desk; it works so well! What I am still looking for is a solution to manage the content on my portable player, a Plenue J. I imagine many Audirvana customers will have a high quality portable player too.
I know it wouldn’t be a trivial feature, but here is how I would imagine it working:
The high-res portables invariably just present themselves as a USB storage device, e.g.: “/Volumes/PLENUE J/Music”
- Add a “portable player library” location in settings, where the user browses to selected this file root.
- A “portable player” link is shown in the left hand nav. Just like in “Library”, you can browse the contents of the player, and also delete files.
- When showing the normal library, some indicator is shown if the track/album is also on the connected portable player. (A little icon in the corner of the artwork thumbnail?)
- User can drag albums/tracks from library to portable
- Ideally Audirvana can re-encode the track when transferring, like iTunes: “Convert lossless files to [128/160/192/256/320] kbps [AAC/MP3]” (Configured in settings)
I think being able to manage your desktop and portable listening in a single location would be liked by a lot of Audirvana customers with portable players, as well as potential new customers that only use portables, but have no good way to manage their library now!
Thank you for your consideration.