Marantz SACD 30n as UPnP network player

It’s my pleasure.
I haven’t used the network share option lately myself. Would need to check how that ends up looking like. I suspect it might be metadata related. Though Audirvana also uses the music metadata for organization of music so if it shows everything in order then I’m not sure.

Minim server would be easy enough to try.

This is a great little metadata editor for Mac

Also supports DSD unlike others.
I was beta testing it before it went publicly available.
2 Likes

More importantly how does the SACD30n sound? :grin:
Which amplifier do you use it with?

SACD 30N sound GREAAAAAAT !!! i use it with Marantz Model 30 … its OK, but Yamaha A-S2200 or A-S2100 is a better solution…i’m dissapointed with Audirvana’s malfunction with HEOS :frowning:

Good to hear about your experience with SACD30n is very positive. I will reach out to you by DM as I don’t want to clutter non-Audirvana related discussions here.

Regarding the problematic interaction between HEOS as UPnP(?) and Audirvana, I agree… It is very disappointing that using Audirvana to the SACD30n by network (UPnP) yielded nothing for DSD64 even though it is very obvious that SACD30n is outputting DSD signals to my external DAC !!! DSD128 shows as an unsupported format even though this unit is advertised as working with DSD128 on all playback methods I thought… PCM is never an issue. BUT, I did change the setting to convert to PCM and that will have to do for now, until @Antoine has the bandwidth to address this.

Hello. I like share my experience. I owner of SACD30n, AVR SR8015, Definite Technology DS9040, A90, CS9040, SR9040 and Toppin D70s MQA.
Using from MAC, I experiment with Audirvana, Roon, JRiver, foobar, Streem from Tidal (MQA) and Deezer.
My connections: Windows 10, last version, ASIO driver for SACD30n, USB cable ifi from desktop to USB-B SACD30n, External HD 2 Teras to USB 3.0 on Desktop, Ethernet cable. SACD connected to SR8015 using Fixed connector, no Digital output, Ethernet cable. The AVR SR8015 connected to Ethernet Cable- All wired for UPNP and HEOS. Monitor connected to AVR SR8015 TV 4K Samsung HDMI Cable for 8K certified (no functional for SACD 30n but excellent for SR8015 manage).
The audio experience is amazing…
I use with the Topping DAC 70s MQA for use Tidal MQA., I send the output to AVR SR8015. The audirvana can´t send the DSD512 for example using Windows. Until today I don´t know why. Because when I use JRiver, Roon or Foobar works.
The configuration of the SACD30n using mac or windows was easy, no trouble (usb-b DAC with DSD 11.2 MHz support - In mac DSD until 5.6 MHz, limitations in OSX).
Audirvana easy to configure, for send my digital music (Library of 0.8 T on External Disk USB3, DSD, FLAC, SACD-ISO, MP3) plus Tidal source. Important use ASIO configuration. Important remember Digital audio output stops during playback of the DSD files and linear PCM signals
with a sampling frequency of 352.8/384 kHz.
Jriver is a powerfull server BUT challeng for a novice user. Need deep knowledge for correct use.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.