May i ask for running as Administrator message to be removed?

The Administer message is a system level response… like it or not…

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

i dont like it sp that why i have it disabled in low level… now its no bother me at all…

No, it’s not. It’s a dialog implemented by Audirvana and only Antoine can answear If they want to remove it or not. Or make an option in the Apearance Tab “Disable UAC Warning (please enable UAC If you have problems)”. I I don’t understand why for such a simple request we should talk so much. Only the developer(s) can answear.

1 Like

cant agree more! my point exactly!!!

It looks to me, that it is a matter of system level security… No reason for the Audirvana team to monkey around with a user’s system security choices… Your issue is with the UAC system in general, and this is in the Microsoft domain… There is zero reason for the Audirvana development team to waste resources on something that appears at best, to be a preference for a minority of PC/Windows users, from what I can determine from the responses to this thread…

If you eliminated the pop-up through proper configuration of UAC, then your position is moot, as you have taken the steps to resolve your ‘inconvenience’. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

well it’s your oneway opinion, and mine is as it is…an idea to simplify and make something useful for both worlds is not waste of time and resources… hope the team will consider this…
as for security i’m not from those who afraid of everything my usage and my ways doesnt need complex security measures…

@Agoldnear

This îs an Audirvana popup, not a Windows popup. You are confused: that’s ok, probabily you are mostly a mac user. I know what UAC îs, deal with it since Windows 7 and ușe Windows OS for more than 20 years. Yes, Microsoft give incomparable more power to the users than Apple, you can make more system level changes than with Mac. Most users who think Apple îs faster use Windows în a standard way, with all the bloatware injected by MS$.

1 Like

The reason Windows is perceived by most Mac users as lagging behind the Mac in performance has little to do with Microsoft and more to do with Intel who have been asleep at the wheel with their Core i series chips for the last 10 - 15 years. A recent TechRadar article quotes Pat Gelsinger Intel CEO as follows, the comments were picked up by Bloomberg and most of the tech media

" Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger recently made the bold claim that Windows-powered PCs will rival the performance of Mac devices by the end of 2024. Though it seems that it’s too late for the Meteor Lake series to properly catch up, Gelsinger claims that the Arrow Lake, Lunar Lake, and Panther Lake chips are set to match Apple’s silicon. At the very least, it seems that Intel has been learning from its biggest processor competition since Apple split from the manufacturer and started making its own chips in-house to considerable success. Intel has been studying that same technique ever since, and it led to the Meteor Lake processor that’s set to debut on December 14. It also seems like Intel is adopting Apple’s efficiency and performance core approach when it comes to its chips, which should make for some incredible advancements in its own technology."

Whilst treated sceptically by the tech press (due to prior extensive delays in Intel’s processor roadmap) I for one hope they do, seeing Intel go into serious technological decline has been a very worrying trend! As always each to his own OS of choice.

1 Like

Hi @JohnnyFire,

I’m afraid we won’t be able to do such thing, but, I will ask Damien whether it’s possible or not.

2 Likes

once again! thank you so much for the interest!!!

If you are trying to eliminate something that you think is affecting the performance of Audirvana, I don’t believe these system level operations are of any consequence in regard to audio performance/sound-quality.

The primary difference between macOS platforms and Windows platforms is the vertical integration of the Apple computer platform topologies, where the CPU is applied to an optimized system/OS topology… There are multiple different Intel/AMD/PC/Windows computer platforms, all with different platform topologies, which present incongruences with the Windows OS. Microsoft has no control over these third-party platform designs, so there is a level of compromise and unexpected consequences.

1 Like

I talked about it with Damien. I’m sorry but we need the uac to be enabled for the installation of Audirvāna and the login of the software, we can’t do anything about it.

2 Likes

Well, depends what hardware you have. Most of my life I used low hardware PCs doing many things very well, people sometimes telling me things like “oh, could you run that? i can’t believe!”. A normal user don’t need many of Windows services or apps, but even he don’t need them many time they run in background eating resources (hdd, cpu, ram). So tweaking a little bit helps a lot with low end PCs and I speak from my experience, I can prove this any time. With powerful computers the impact is lees or almost none, I agree that. Windows Defender use A LOT of system resources, and any other av usually the same. Many Windows optimizers disable UAC for improving performance and latencies when doing various operations. This is not theoretical. This is valued in everyday practice / PC usage day.

i understand tottaly Antoine!

1 Like