Misbehaviour with macOS lockdown mode

OSX Sonoma 14.3 with lockdown mode engaged, using Audirvāna origin 2.5.10 play music form a NAS located in my local area network.
When the OSX’s firewall is set to allow Audirvāna software to accept incoming network connections, Songs in the folder view will immediately disappear if it is clicked to play. restart the software will rescan the music library and will show the disappeared song again, but it also will disappear again if it is clicked to play.
The only way to fix this seems to be setting the firewall to disallow incoming connections.
I don’t quite understand why the software behave in this way, any suggestions?

Seeing as the available details from Apple on lockdown mode are somewhat sparse, for obvious reasons, most apps do not yet address the limitations imposed in this regime.

For instance Apple acknowledges very few people need this mode and that it will cause unexpected behaviour in some apps. Extract from Apple support document below.

“ Lockdown Mode is an optional, extreme protection that’s designed for the very few individuals who, because of who they are or what they do, may be personally targeted by some of the most sophisticated digital threats. Most people will never be targeted by attacks of this nature.”

“When Lockdown Mode is enabled, your device won’t function like it usually would. To reduce the attack surface that could potentially be exploited by highly targeted mercenary spyware, certain apps, websites and features will be strictly limited for security, and some experiences may not be available at all.”

some part of my internet link is through a “rough digital sea”, I can’t trade the lockdown feature for Audirvana , even though the lockdown mode is not the aegis.
I chose Audirvana original than Audirvāna Studio for reasons alike.

Have you tried attaching USB or Thunderbolt storage with your library to your system directly as opposed to using a NAS? May have a different outcome?

As a NAS is another IoT device the weaknesses in its firmware security is an additional risk.

good point, I will try this way to see if it will solve the problem.

here is what I have learned so far:

1 The security solution of the NAS system did not find any known virus, and unfortunately the is no way to dump it’s memory to analyze any hacker activities.
2 Windows in the same LAN accessing the same NAS does not have this problem, but it is messing up with my none English metadata of song tracks, while MAC is fine with song names.
3 connecting a music library folder located on NAS and it’s copy, which is located on a portable USB-C storage, to Audirvāna origin at the same time. In folder view, songs under the NAS path is vanished after being clicked, but it does not disappear under the USB-C storage path.

the current solution is attach the USB-C storage to the MAC computer for playing, and if necessary connect it to NAS’s USB port for other computer to access.

In conclusion: Store the music on a usb portable drive.

Happy to see you have a solution for your library storage/playback when using lockdown mode on a Mac.

1 Like