Mixed playlists

Is there a way yet to create a playlist in AS that contains both local tracks and tracks from Qobuz/Tidal? All my playlists have been split so they are either just from my local library or from Qobuz.
I’ve found a post about this from 2018 where AS support state it wasn’t available at that point but something to consider in a future update. It’s now 6 years later so I was wondering is anything had developed.

1 Like

Hi @Dazza Yep that is pretty standard. Just create a Playlist under My Playlists. Once that has been created you can add local or Qobuz tracks by using the 3 dots ( add to playlist) or Drag and Drop.
I’ve attached a screenshot to show a playlist with Qobuz and Local.
Only just added Tidal to AS, so I haven’t tried to add a Tidal Track as well, but can’t foresee a problem. I’ll try as well and let you know if I have any hassle.
Hope it goes smoothly for you.

1 Like

All good :+1: See last 3 on Playlist. Local, Tidal, Qobuz.

1 Like

Thanks for that @ChiliHot I’m guess these are playlist you build from scratch in AS?

1 Like

Yep that is correct. I mainly play albums but as I like a track I may/will add it to a playlist for a genre, or a month etc. then whenever I just want good music to play in the background I will put one or a few playlists on the queue.
Set up a Folder for Different Types/Genres and then save the playlists under the folder which you can then have open or closed to give full visual access or limit view depending on your needs as per attached screenshot.
Still have my Qobuz and Tidal playlists as well.

1 Like

I have mentioned this a couple of times on the forum previously but you may also be interested that if you Drag & Drop a Qobuz or Tidal Album or Track, and/or copy a Qobuz or Tidal Playlist into a Local “My Playlists” Playlist the API let’s you see the play count for the Qobuz or Tidal tracks. As you would be aware Play Counts only normally show for Local Files.
So if I want to check to see whether I have played an Album or Not, just Drag & Drop to the Playlist and there is the play count.
Anyways, enjoy the music .

2 Likes

That’s really helpful. Thanks @ChiliHot

No problem Sir. Glad to help when we can.

I’m off to bed now. Enjoy your music.

1 Like