Move Database and Library to new Computer

I need to change the Mac I use for playing my musicfiles. So is there a way to move the complete Audirvana Database and Library from one Computer to another and than just move the license at the end?

Thanks in advance for all the help
secci

I would advise you against that. The database also stores paths to the files. Just migrating the database file could lead to problems.

Yes you can and it is easily done, just bring your database file and the 2 preferences of Audirvana and copy them at the same place on the new Mac.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS Systemā€¦ When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ā€˜ā€˜cmd Jā€™ā€™ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottomā€¦ click Show Library Folder and then youā€™ll have access to the rest forever.

If you have use your two licenses, deauthorize it first in Audirvana menu.

Close Audirvana

Go to Userā€¦ Home Folderā€¦ Libraryā€¦ Applications Supportā€¦ Audirvanaā€¦
Copy Audirvana folder (that is your database(s), old and new or just new).

Go to Userā€¦ Home Folderā€¦ Libraryā€¦ Preferencesā€¦
Copy com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist and com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

Then install new system on new Mac. After copy your Audirvana app into applications folder (donā€™t open it). After Copy the Database and the preferences at their same places they were.

Restart Mac. Open Audirvana. Enter License. Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even if the music file paths change, itā€™s just a matter of creating a symlink in the old location pointing to the new one or updating the paths directly in the SQLite databaseā€¦ Okay, might sound a bit scary, but itā€™s definitely doable. :slight_smile:

Advising against a move like this certainly has no technical foundation. Just keep a backup of the library folder and experiment at will, whatā€™s there to lose?

I thought that just installing Audirvana on a new computer, pointing it to the music library and having it re-index automatically is the easier option.

But yeah, I know what you mean. Itā€™s way too easy, editing the SQLite manually or messing with the symlinks is way more fun. ;):slight_smile:

New to this ā€“ will buy audirvana when I buy my MacBook Pro next weekā€¦ Iā€™m concerned about transferring my music library which is currently in Pono to the new computer ā€¦ any reason I should worry ? Ant tips? Not too computer savvy so if this is a too-basic question my apologies, thanks

I would migrate all my music from a small external HD to a bigger external HD. I donā€™t want to loose my playlists so how to update the path in SQLite? Thanks!

Best thing is to go to Audirvana file menu and export them one at a time, i know painful :grinning: or right click themā€¦ then you will have them saved whatever happen in future. Put them in a folder somewhere. After something went wrong, just go to file menu and import them back in Audirvana in one shot with the shift key.

Orā€¦
They are inside the databaseā€¦

Close Audirvana.

Go to Userā€¦ Home Folderā€¦ Libraryā€¦ Applications Supportā€¦ Audirvanaā€¦
Copy Audirvana folder (that is your database(s), old and new or just new).

Go to Userā€¦ Home Folderā€¦ Libraryā€¦ Preferencesā€¦
Copy com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist and com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences).

Reopen audirvana and deauthorize it in menu. Close audirvana.

Then on new mac, copy Audirvana soft to applications folder (donā€™t open it). Copy folder Audirvana with the database in at the same place they were, put the 2 prefs in the same place as old mac too.

Restart mac. Restart Audirvana. Not sure if you will need your serial :grinning:

Best to name new drive the same like the old if you have put the two prefs file in new mac.