Multiple issues with the software

The music player suffers from serious bugs, it cannot play a single song.
Problems with drives and when you fix one bug another appears.

And on top of that it’s paid, you pay to listen to your local music.

The beauty of this player is undeniable, just like iTunes and the late Zune.

But honestly, I’ve been trying to listen to music for 3 days and nothing works.

Not worth it. create a free version and fix the bugs and in the future, only in the future, who knows, maybe you will have a streaming service and a functional application.

I will increase it for the software Fans and not the program users becouse
I see that Audivarna already has fans and not a software user.
Ok, I didn’t talk about the problems because they are the same ones discussed in this forum endlessly.
and the solution of one generates another and another.

1 - Exclusive DAc Access
Playback lock exclusive acesse to the audio out put for optmun quality…Turn the locker one and off dont solve. I follow the instruction in this forun generates problem 2

2 - Unable to open audio device check exclusive Mode (So, I check exclusive Mode , so generate probleme 3

3 - Unable to change the integer mode (here I stoped!!)

See!!! I pressed the power button!

You might want to try to give some more constructive feedback. There are no referrals to whatever bug you ran into and when, you don’t enclose debug info, there is no clue at all… So whatever your problems are there is no way the developers will be able to help you out.
If you are willing to give Audirvãna another try, I’m pretty sure @Antoine would be glad to dive into it. But then you have to be more specific instead of just ranting randomly about Audirvãna not working properly. There’s a reason that the devs created this forum. And that’s for helping out. But then you should give them the chance to do so.

5 Likes

Hi @silverccf

I note that you’ve not posted any indication as to your problem, or steps you’ve taken to possibly overcome them.
Perhaps giving us on this forum an indication of the problems you’re encountering may be a start :+1:

5 Likes

Sorry mate, just noticed your post :+1:

1 Like

Topics like this should be deleted.
A complaint is made, but the problem is not described.

2 Likes

Did you turn the power on?

2 Likes

Yep. Just a rant without any factual foundation at all. I am using Audirvana for years now and it is very useful to me. I must be doing something wrong!

I want to return the thread title to the OP: ‘The least beautiful and most useless post ever made’.

Edit:
The OP added some reasons to the original header post, making the answers/comments (why did you not describe the problem… etc.) look foolish.

5 Likes

Yeah Baby!

2 Likes

I see that Audivarna already has fans and not a software user.
Ok, I didn’t talk about the problems because they are the same ones discussed in this forum endlessly.
and the solution of one generates another and another.

1 - Exclusive DAc Access
Playback lock exclusive acesse to the audio out put for optmun quality…Turn the locker one and off dont solve. I follow the instruction in this forun generates problem 2

2 - Unable to open audio device check exclusive Mode (So, I check exclusive Mode , so generate probleme 3

3 - Unable to change the integer mode (here I stoped!!)

See!!! I pressed the power button!

1 Like

The padlock is just a stop button with a strange design. I think they want to make it clear that the device is locked by the player and to release it you have to stop the core completely and not just pause it.

Not every DAC supports all functions. You will have to test and try something to achieve the optimal result. If you don’t want that, no problem.

And yes, Audirvana is a product you have to pay for, there are people who make a living from making this product. If you want a free player, they exist too. There is plenty of choice on the internet.

And there are people who appreciate the quality of rendering and functionalities from Audirvana and are willing to pay money for it. I don’t see any problem.

4 Likes

Folks on the forum will be happy to help you out. If you would like to proceed….or not. Just let us know and please post your debug report, post any screenshots that you have questions about. Description of your components so we might understand better.

4 Likes

Hi. I spent more than half my life working with tech, and I still sometimes struggle because sometimes the tech around us is unreliable, or we may not use it as it is supposed to be. (or both)

To disable the exclusive mode to change the configuration, click the lock button on the screen down right. Audrivana already uses internet mode. We only move to floating point when we upsample to reduce quantization errors. So, the bit perfect is already an integer, which is fixed as long as you do not change the PCM signal.

I share again that I use the Audirvana player because, based on my extensive sensitive tests, it proved to be the most transparent connection with the DAC. I frequently try both Tidal and Qobuz players, and when I even recently compared each player to Audirvana, Audirvana won again. (More details and less digital glare). Also, I used to use Roon, but Audirvana is also better. I own the lifetime Roon subscription and am not using it now.

So, when do you require such no-compromise play: well, it depends. You will hear the difference if you have a sensitive and quality DAC and a good streamer setup. Do not forget, guys, audiophiles are music lovers and should enjoy the music first and then try our best within our capabilities to use the best equipment we can have.

Enjoy the music!

7 Likes

???

From the Audirvana DAC settings information guide:

Audirvāna optimizes and streamlines the audio data path to minimize the undesirable effects associated with synchronous audio stream processing. Thus, the only real-time operation is reduced to a simple broadcast of the data in integer mode - Integer Mode.
This mode provides a data stream in a native format to the DAC, thus optimizing the load on your computer’s processor.

Note that “Exclusive access” prevents any other open application from interfering with the audio output during playback. These two points are crucial for optimal playback of your audio files.

The “Maximize I/O buffer size” option allows to increase the reading quality by reducing the number of exchanges with the driver.

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

3 Likes

Hi All

Poor old @silverccf

A bit of a grudge held, Probably the “eternal frustration with technology” syndrome. I also suffer it.

I just moved my Audirvana Origin set up to a new computer and spent the day having download, loading, installing, logging on issues. It may have been my very bad, slow, Telstra (major Australian telco) internet.

The old routine usually works for me:

1-turn off.
2- Wait 3 mins.
3-Turn on.

Audirvana Origin is still by far-and-away the best music player I’ve seen. Yes beautiful and functionally excellent. Are there some things I’d like to see added/changed? Yes! But current configuration is pretty we perfect giving me beautiful sound and a great interface AND excellent support.

Thanks guys for all your hard work.

Regards

Phil

4 Likes

Most likely just a steep learning curve, many of Audirvāna user base have transitioned from early versions, 3.5 to Studio and Orgin. Just dropping in from zero with so many settings and options can be tough. Maybe he won’t be willing to take the time to learn it. Maybe easier to use other more simple applications. Nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes
  • I just took a look at Roon (more expensive) and guess… more settings and options.
  • Foobar2000 Windows… Even more settings and options than Roon and Audirvana combined (and that for free!)
  • JRiver (paid)… One look at the settings screen and I need to go in therapy :face_with_spiral_eyes:
  • MusicBee… free… options gallore, etc. etc. etc.

There is no ‘audiophile’ music player/library manager without a lot of settings and options it seems. Dropping in from zero in any of these programs requires some effort. Installing, clicking a button and expecting every option works immediately is an illusion :innocent:

Nope, nothing wrong with that. But one could show some introspection instead of impatiently blaming the software.
I appreciate your positive attitude towards human kind though :grinning:

3 Likes

He doesn’t really share what he’s been using, Qobuz or Tidal apps are examples of very simple ways to listen to good quality audio. I don’t really find Roon difficult as much as just different as far as getting it dialed in. I have used Audirvana long enough that there definitely was a learning curve but nothing major. The DSP stuff was the most different but well worth the effort.

Have to add, I downloaded Audirvana Origin, showed it my music file folder, plugged in my DAC, and it worked. Occasional glitch, more often than not user error, but in the main… a painless experience.

3 Likes

Hi @silverccf,

I understand that you are frustrated with your inability to fully enjoy our software. However, as others have mentioned, we need more information to determine the issue.

Could you kindly send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you encounter the problem? You can find it in Audirvana Settings under “My Account”.
Please note that clicking on the Debug Info button will automatically copy all of its content. All you need to do is paste it in response to this message.

1 Like

I guess it is too much to ask…