Been using AS & Remote for almost 2 months now. AS in MBP runnning High Sierra, while latest remote versions on iPad and Android, all on same wifi net. Here’s what annoying about Remote.
- Browsing albums in a pain in the neck. Aside from being sluggish (router just next to all units), there is no letter index to fasttrack browsing, no scroll bar to use. Hence, you need to finger scroll until you get to where you want to be.
- While scrolling, album thumbnails would suddenly mosaic and run by themselves, like being shuffled and you don’t know where you’ll end up in the database. Many thumbnails will not display at all buy just black empty disc.
- Each time you go Local, you always start at the beginning/first album and have to scroll again from where you left off. You can do search but going to Local again you have to start from album 1.
- After completing a search, play the album and search again, the fonts gets bigger each time until big characters fill out the entire screen.
- all the above happens too, but on the scrolling I hit a snag and won’t go further. I have to do Local again and start from album 1. It usually happens after playing an album and resuming the scroll that I get to a wall and the scroll will not go beyond it anymore.
- One good thing on the Android version is that it has a scroll bar!!
Has anyone experienced any of the above? Any workarounds? Thanks