No more 3.5? Only Studio with subscription?

I hope so too. And I would also buy a license right away.

If it matters, I don’t like the license model either. I also doubt whether I will renew next year. If I find a good alternative, there is a chance that I will not pay for another year. We will see.

1 Like

Exactly ! I suppose I tend to root for the entrepreneur as that’s been my route. I’ve had my taste of new products and technology that has let’s say teething pain. But you deal with it honestly and see it thru you will have trust and loyalty. Money is very often not the point at all. I would have to think that Damien and Antoine are putting in some big hours getting on top of it, I appreciate that and can relate to it where not everyone can or should. Vote with your wallet. Run YOUR company how YOU like to. Stop back by when you are ready for us to test and critique YOUR product.

3 Likes

And if Audirvana offers the license of AS for sale, will you buy it like you did with A3.5?

You forgot Manuel.

2 Likes

Audirvana does not offer the license for sale, so I can’t buy it.
I would have subscribed if the main issues of library management of AS were fixed. Until this is done, it is not useful for me.
And as I said a few weeks ago, I would have subscribed already, despite the existing flaws, if an interesting development project was announced, in order to support it.

Because I have no idea what direction this development is going to take.
For instance, if it is about enhancing streaming functions and experience, and neglecting playback of local files, I will have no reason to support it.

Because I have some friends on the forum, and I’m curious to see how AS will evolve.
I do hope it will evolve the way I want because there are not many good players for the Mac.

2 Likes

The only way to influence where it’s going is to actively participate in it. Sitting on the sidelines is pointless.

The project is interesting and ambitious.

2 Likes

We know nothing about it.
There’s not even a single paragraph roadmap.
IMO, this is a mistake in communication.

We do, they’re shootings for the stars. It will always take some time.

1 Like

I watched the live presentation on Facebook. And since the beginning of the trial of AS, I was watchful about everything that was announced about AS.

Did I miss something?

That’s why I also said:

With one or two small fixes every 2 weeks, it’s going to take quite some time.

With respect Jim, perhaps that’s why @Doudou hasn’t subscribed yet.
If the library management in Studio isn’t able to give him the results he wants/expects now, then why would he subscribe to software that doesn’t suit his use case, now?

Perhaps because he has an interest in Studio and wants it to perform to his requirements.
His opinion on this forum is worth no more or less than others, imo.

6 Likes

That’s not entirely true. You do know when Roon accepts a ticket and agrees to make it happen going forward. The only problem is , you just don’t know when. I have been waiting 2 years for 2 separate tickets to come to fruition. I have checked with Roon on their status and have been assured that these tickets are still active.

@Jim_F Do you remember what mother said about wrestling with a pig in the mud ?

Besides it keep them off the streets and out of the park :hushed:

We should have a subscription perhaps to charge their neighbors for keeping the streets clear and ladies safe

If I was part of Audirvana I would never release a roadmap or give an indication of when something is coming. Look at the remote that was delayed by a few weeks. It didn’t get any better on the forum. You also don’t want to make your competitors any wiser than necessary.

As a user I would like to know where I stand and what is coming. But I also understand that it is not always possible to predict how a development will go. Sometimes the result is a bit disappointing and other times it is even more disappointing.

1 Like

They used to repond to feature requests:

But I think you are right. It seems in the last couple of years they have not responded to feature requests,

I wish Audirvana would repond more to bugs and problems. Although @Antoine occasionally responds, a lot gets ignored. And many times after an initial response from Audirvana, there is no further communication or follow up from Audivana.

1 Like

@Jim_F asked me why I do not subscribe to support the project. If I’m not informed what path it will follow, what would I support?

I use both macOS and Windows, but the Mac is my main computing platform for the last 30 years, and this is not going to change. I’m very annoyed that there are very few interesting players for macOS, and that’s why I hope that Audirvana will continue to offer us interesting products.
I’m sure that there are other people like me who would have subscribed in order to support an interesting development project.

1 Like

I completely agree with you. I would also like to know what the plans are before May 2022.

But I don’t blame Audirvana either. The interests for Damien are also different than they were 5 years ago. I can only estimate from the sidelines, but they seem to want to make a professionalization with the Studio version. Whether that will work is always the question. The best engineers are often not the best entrepreneurs.

Edit:
Wouldn’t the market be too small for a really good audiophile computer-based player? Especially because Roon is already there. I think a large software company can do it on the side, with existing technology from other products.
But even then I wonder if it’s profitable.

I sincerely hope that Damien and Antoine continue together and make it a huge success. I wish them all the best.

5 Likes