Oppo Sonica Dac shown as UPNP device but not playing

Oppo Sonica Dac shown as UPNP device but not playing (Audirvana - Windows 10)

Test procedure report:

1. Network player available and selectable in the Audio System page of the preferences? Yes
  2. Playback of a track starts? No. The track is loaded in Audirvana but playback does not start. The timer remains at 00:00
  3. If the network player has a display, track title, artist, album title and artwork are displayed correctly? Yes. The information is displayed correctly for two seconds, then changes to “No Music”
  4. Pause, resume playback? No. Playback fails to start
  5. Seek to middle of the track? No
  6. Seek to end of the track? No
  7. Seek to beginning of the track? No
  8. Seek to end of the track. No
  9. Playback goes to end of the track, and goes on to the next track? No. Playback fails to start
  10. With gapless transition if the network player is capable of it? No. Playback fails to start
  11. Select new track to play. Playback switches to this new track? Audirvana and Oppo Sonica Dac switch to the new track but not playing
  12. Press Next. Playback goes to next track as expected? Audirvana and Oppo Sonica Dac switch to the new track but not playing
  13. Press Previous. Playback goes to previous track? Audirvana and Oppo Sonica Dac switch to the new track but not playing
  14. Moving volume slider changes playback volume? Oppo Sonica Dac responds to volume change or muting but playback does not start

My Oppo Sonica Dac works perfectly with any other software I have tried. Any help highly appreciated

Hello @daponte which software did you tried that works for your DAC? Have you also contacted Oppo for this issue?

Hello @Antoine, thanks for replying

As a player similar to Audirvana, fundamentally I used without problems foobar2000 (with the installed components “UPnP MediaRenderer Output” and “UPnP / DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point”). Also with JRiver.

It has also worked for me through UPNP Server + Control Point with: MinimServer, foobar 2000 (as server only), Linn Kazoo, Sonica App, Lumin App, mconnect Player.

Unfortunately Oppo has abandoned this line of devices and has stopped publishing firmware updates for my device. My only hope for a solution for what seems like an incompatibility of Audirvana via UPNP is through an update of Audirvana, since the current firmware of the device does not present any problem for other UPNP software

Thanks for your interest