Origin does not keep my playlists when upgrading from 3.5

I just bought the Origin upgrade after having used Audirvana for years.
I have an extensive list of playlists and favorites. In de FAQ it says that Origin keeps my settings but it starts reading the sourcefiles and all my playlists and favorites, so all my settings, are gone. How can I correct this. It’s a lot of work to redo them all again. Thanks Luc

Hello, 3.5 and Origin don’t use the same database or preferences, so your 3.5 .sqlite should be there like before and pref also…

i can’t remembered if Origin import playlist or favorites (i don’t do favorites) in the migration to Origin… migration means when you open Origin first time and it sees you have a 3.5 database it convert it to a new one, does it import playlists? can’t remember or mine were all empty at the time??

Anyway, i was here to tell you that i have 99 smart playlists and save them all to my computer for me to have it them always… Maybe @Antoine will tell you in a couple of hours from now…

Me, i open 3.5 version, you see all you playlists there like before… one at the time you right click one and save it or click one and go to menu export playlist in a folder on desktop or anywhere… do that to all, yes, i know one at the time is a mess, but after, when done, you open Origin and in playlist menu three dots, you can import them all in one shot with shift key…

or just wait tomorrow morning France time @Antoine should see this thread…

Hi @lvdb,

Can you send screenshots of the My Playlists tab and My Music/Albums and Tracks tab you can find in Audirvāna Origin?

By default when you first open Audirvāna Origin, it tries to convert and copy your old 3.5 database file to be used with Audirvāna Origin. It can happens sometimes that it’s not working properly but I would like first to see what you got in Audirvāna Origin.

Hi Antoine,

I’m afraid it doesn’t show a lot but I have attached them herewith.

What seems to happen is that Origin doesn’t notice that I am an Audirvana 3.5 user. I use the same music folder location as for 3.5.

It would be great if you could help me with this.

Regards

Luc

Hi @lvdb,

Can you send a screenshot of your 3.5?

Hi Antoine,
these are screenshots of library, favorites and 1 example of a playlist
regards
Luc

Hi Antoine,
is the issue that it’s not the trial version I installed but the licensed Origin (paid version?) since it says in the FAQ’s: Is Audirvāna Origin compatible with my playlists and favorites created with the version 3.5 of Audirvāna?

Yes. You will see as you start your free trial of Audirvāna Origin that your library, favorites and playlists will be automatically recognized and synchronized (if the access to your local library is unchanged).

Hi @lvdb,

It should but in your case, it seems that it didn’t worked.

Have you tried to remove your AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite file?

It can be in two different locations :
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

to show AppData folder:

After removing it, you will need to reopen Audirvāna Origin and check whether the automatic conversion worked or not.

unfortunately that did not work and by deleting the AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite file, I lost my favorites and playlists in 3.5 as well, so I have to redo them anyway. I think it would be correct to change that in the FAQ’s: Origin definitely does not copy automatically the playlists and favorites from 3.5. Regards Luc

The AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite file is linked to Audirvāna Studio, not to 3.5. Removing the file does not remove the favorites and playlist form 3.5. However if you remove the AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite file, then this would explain why you do not have your favorites in 3.5.

Anyway you can still restore the AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite file since it’s in the trash of your computer.