OSStatus error -1

I run Origin (trial) on my Macbook Pro with Big Sur 11.6.5
Since two days I strated noticing this mesage poping while attempting fist playback after starting application.
What does OSStatus error -1 stands for?

After I turn of this notification everything works fine…

Hello,

Can you go to this location /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/ and chcek if you ahve a file called com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool in it?

Yes there is such a file

Can you remove it and then try to play a track in Audirvāna Origin while you have Sysoptimizer enabled? It should prompt you to install Sysoptimizer. After the installation, do you still get this error?

I did as adviced but when trying to play first track it did not prompt me to install optimizer but showed the same error screen

After clicking OK it plays normaly…

with sys-optimizer ON!!

After restarting all srevices I get the same error, again without prompt to reinstall sys-optimizer. If I get out of Origin and start it, when starting first play-back I get this message, pressing OK removes notice and playback from then on works OK - with sys-opt. activated even if it is removed from PrivilegedHelperTools forlder. I still have an old version 3.5 on my Mac. Does it affects Origin?

Should not. 3.5 and Studio/Origin are separated.

One more thing started a day or two ago. In my recently added folder some old folders started to emerge. After investigating I noticed they they either contain two of .cue files, or contain both .cue and .mu3 files. Old 3.5 did not bother with these but newborn Origin seem sensitive about it.

I am still battling with sys-opt error on first track playing after opening Origin. If I reistall it over existing will this cancel trial period?
Stranger things happened in the past so I ask…

Problem with sys-error resolved itself. I restarted my Mac after reinstaling Origin trial and after I tried first playback a window with message to install Sys-opt. components emegred… Now it’s back to day one, works as it should be…
Say whatever you want but but with so many formats and wide hardware support Origin is on the way to replace old 3.5, Sound wise I am getting used to it’s a bit more mellow sound compared to just a bit rougher and little colder sound of old 3.5
I only hope issues with syncing (speed, now it is definetely slower than 3.5, and multiple cue files) will be resolved with first updates.

Check the Fellowship album. I have it on my disc for several years now. Now Origin first recognized folder with two cue files, showing it as Lizz Wright Fellowship as album name, and as artist “Music”!! I allready resolved few folders like this with deleting second, unused cue file but can’t solve this. Tracks in folder are one big flac file, and cue is there to separate tracks while playback. But Origin keeps showing this cue file as separate album. When tring to play this file from artist caled “Music” of course there is no such file… Strange, this is the only one with this problem, and I have a lot of folders like this one…

Hello @Dundo,

Can you send us your AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite file at support@audirvana.com? If it’s more than 20MB, please send us a mail and we will give you a link to upload it.

To go to it with the Finder:

1. Open its Go menu
  2. Pressing the option (or alt) key, and maintain it pressed. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.
  3. Click on this Library command
  4. In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana
  5. You’ll find there the file AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite

It is sent. I could do it with your shortcuts, but I found it easily in User/library…
Hope it helps.
If I can do anything else - do not hesitate…