Output side states 32/192 PCM via DAC Driver?

I am logging into Qobus via Win 10, and during installation Audirvana (AV) found a driver called “MAGIX Low Latency 2016.” I have MAGIX Sound Forge (German audio production software) installed on this system. In settings, Computer, AV selected ASIO, and for Output Device, AV is using the MAGIX driver and showing PCM at 44, 96, and 192.

For cabling, I am going out the laptop’s 3.5 into RCA plugged directly into a vintage hardware EQ (ADC Sound Shaper Mark II), and then into Aux-1 of a vintage Sansui AU-7900 amp (80W/Ch, 8 ohms). Speakers are a pair of new Klipsch R-51m, and I’m also using the “Hafner” setup feeding (+/+) to two Realistic Minimus bookshelve speakers to hear the delta between R&L on the R-51m’s. Sounds great.

Given the output device is shown as PCM at 96 and 192 (bit-freq), do I need a USB DAC like a dragonfly? Also, I noticed AV made a 32-bit rate, so that must sound better (louder, i.e. sensitivity)? Will AV sound much better than simply running the Qobus Windows app w/o AV?

Last, but minor, how can I access the Weekly Q that Qobus made for me after signing up? It comes up in Discover when running the Qobus app directly.

Hello @pel,

The answer to the question “do I need a dragonfly?” is only depending on whether you feel the need to get one. If you listen to MQA regularly, a dragonfly really fit your needs. So I’m sorry but the answer is “It depends” :confused:

Since you are using ASIO, it’s normal that you get 32-bit rate, we use the maximum bit rate available for your output device to give you the best quality possible in bitperfect.

Yes it will since you have the audio optimizations of Audirvāna on top of Qobuz audio quality. You can also use your VST3 with Audirvāna to equalize your audio output.

this is not possible at the moment but we are working with Qobuz to bring it to Audirvāna Studio in a future update.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.