Playback Stops - SOLVED (For me at least)

I’ve seen this problem posted a few times, but the solutions posted never worked for me. What did work was to resize the album artwork to not larger than 500 x 500 pixels. I play through a Marantz AV7702mkii and was reading the fine manual when I noticed this in the section for playing back a file saved on a PC or NAS:
“If the image size (pixels) of an album artwork exceeds 500 × 500 (WMA/MP3/WAV/FLAC) or 349 × 349 (MPEG-4 AAC), then music may not be played back properly.”
So far, all of the songs whose artwork that I have resized have played back without any issues. And not only that, but they playback gapless which they didn’t before.
I hope this helps someone else.

Hello @OrdinaryJoe, do you mean that the artwork are not properly handled by the AV7702mkii when they exceed 500x500?

It’s pretty strange, the quote you made was from Marantz support?

The quote was from the owner’s manual. And yes, when the artwork is too big, the Marantz doesn’t play the song properly. It will either skip during playback or stop a few seconds from the end. When it stops a few seconds from the end, it drops off the network, and it is a pain to re-connect.

1 Like