Playback will not start when upsampling to DSD

Hi there,

Still running the trial version of Audirvana (ending today) and I’ve just found out that playback does not start when upsampling to DSD (any bitrate). Right after clicking the Play icon, I can see the track is preloading into memory and halfway through the progress bar stops and the file simply does not start playing. This happens if I have the Raspberry PI 4 as a bridge between my PC and my Teac UD-503 DAC (although the settings of the RPI are identical to those of the DAC…). If I connect the DAC directly to the PC, upsampling to DSD works fine. Do you know what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi [Kikigarel],
I have a same problem. Problem disappear after decrease upsampling frequency.and reduce CPU utilization. You need more power. Raspberry PI 4 has not one. I suppose that Audirvana has some bug or fueatures concern of playback process.It’s same as click/pop after play action. BTW I run one on NB with i5 and it’s not ideal.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.