Playlist playback haphazardly stops when sample rate changes

I’m using Audirvana 3.5.50(3580) on a Mac Mini mid-2010 running El Capitan with 8GB RAM. USB output to Denfrips Iris DDC, followed by Denfrips Ares II DAC. Audirvana running in Direct Mode.

When playing a Qobuz play list, Audirvana will sometimes stop at the end of a track. I can’t get it to play any track until I shut down Audirvana and restart it.

The only pattern to the stopping is that it only happens when the sample rate of the track changes, e.g. from 44 to 48, or 48 to 96, or 96 to 48 or 96 to 44, or 44 to 96, etc. But it doesn’t stop every time there is a frequency change.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hello @MichaelStewart,

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

1 Like

Same problem here with Tidal or local track since the first version of AS.
Never solved.
Good luck

No idea @Antoine

I also have this problem and there are days I shut down and reopen several times…
Whenever I can get a native Qobuz stream connect I will ditch AS as it is too problematic to be considered a log term solution. Unless they start to take customers complaints seriously and do the maths to fix the problems instead of just saying oh please send us the debug Information …

3 Likes

Hello @agamantic,

Getting the debug info is the first thing I need to identify the issue you have. I understand this issue an issue for some of you but If I can’t reproduce the issue on my side, it will be hard for me to understand the root cause of it and thus, fix it.

One would expect (for a paying service like this) that all potential glitches that could slow down or stop normal operation would have been analysed and fool proofed before trusting punters start shelling out their hard earned cash. You’re working it the other way round getting us to tell you where the problems are! You should be paying us not the other way around!! The audacity of it ‘oh dear let me see your debug info, we haven’t seen this happen before, give us some time to look into the problem etc.’ You take our cash then expect us to tell you where you’ve fu&@ed up. Incredibly incompetent is how I’d sum up A$

It’s impossible and if someone is telling you it’s possible, he is lying to you. Any software or service company in the world have their glitches, look at Apple for example, do you think that MacOS do not have any bug in it? The matter is even if they have hundreds of testers around the world, they can’t see every bugs possible.

You seems to be frustrated about this issue and I understand this, but it’s not a reason to say that we except people to pay for fixing the issue they have, it’s a wrong statement.

I will take a look at this issue but the first step in troubleshooting is to gather information and If I don’t have any information from the users that have the issue, it will be really problematic to fix this.

Yes Apple also have issues but they are more transparent about them and issues are quickly resolved. There’s no great mystery here- I’m not hell bent on trying to make your company look inept-you guys are doing that alone. It amazes me that the problems we are having as customers haven’t been seen before. Also it makes me wonder if A$ employees actually use it personally to listen to music or it’s simply a software job that they don’t have real world experience of.

We do listen to it personally when we have time for this. The thing is we probably do not have the same setup to listen to music and this is why the information I gather for troubleshooting are so important, to have the context of the issue.

I have sent many logs since starting AS for these same issues with shutting down or skipping down using the Upnp protocol. And many other users have done the same.
I don’t understand why you haven’t been able to retrieve information from these many logs since all this time.
For my part, I cannot send another log because my multiple attempts have expired.

Maybe it could be more important to work on the stability of the AS instead of working on the interface problems.
At least most users will be able to listen to their music non-stop and enjoy it instead of always fighting with the software.
The rest can be done later. I’m sure it will make more people happy than unhappy.
It’s my opinion.

Agree, 100%

Hello

Thanks for your email. Here’s the Debug Info from the other evening. [Note: I sent this to you on Monday by responding to your email that you sent me, only to discover that it couldn’t be delivered to the email box from which you had emailed me!]

Michael

Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.50 (3580)
macOS 10.11.6 with 8192MB RAM

Registered to Michael Stewart

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
	Globally: OFF
	Per track: ON
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
SoX not in use
SoX filter parameters
Bandwidth at 0dB = 99.5
Filter max length = 30000
Anti-aliasing = 100
Phase = 66

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: OFF

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 2 folders
AUTO: /Users/michaelstewart/Music/Lossless rips
AUTO: /Users/michaelstewart/Music/Qobuz
iTunes/Music library synchronization: not synchronized
Library database path: /Users/michaelstewart/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES
Qobuz: Connected as Qobuz Hi-Fi Sublime+

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

Direct Mode audio path, buffer I/O frame size: 512

Max. memory for audio buffers: 5120MB

Local Audio Engine:
Exclusive access: Enabled
Integer mode: Enabled

Preferred device:
USB HiRes Audio
Model UID:USB HiRes Audio:152A:86EF
UID:AppleUSBAudioEngine:DENAFRIPS:USB HiRes Audio:26400000:1

Currently playing in Integer Mode:
Device: 2ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32bits little endian Signed Integer, 8 bytes per frame 96kHz

Active Sample Rate: 96kHz
Hog Mode is on

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: none
Sample rate switching latency: none
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: OFF

Selected device:
Local audio device
ID 0x26 USB HiRes Audio Manufacturer:DENAFRIPS
Model UID:USB HiRes Audio:152A:86EF UID:AppleUSBAudioEngine:DENAFRIPS:USB HiRes Audio:26400000:1

10 available sample rates up to 768000Hz
Audio buffer frame size : 14 to 4096 frames
Current I/O buffer frame size : 512
Volume Control
Physical: No
Virtual: Yes
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: No
Not a MQA device, user set to not MQA
DSD capability: DSD via PCM 1.1
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:1 R:2
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: Yes

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1

Stream ID 0x27 2 channels starting at 1
20 virtual formats:
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 768kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 705.6kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 384kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 352.8kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 192kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 176.4kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 44.1kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 768kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 705.6kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 384kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 352.8kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 192kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 176.4kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz

20 physical formats
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 768kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 705.6kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 384kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 352.8kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 192kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 176.4kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 768kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 705.6kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 384kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 352.8kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 192kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 176.4kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz

Local devices found : 3
Device #0: ID 0x3b Built-in Output Manufacturer: Apple Inc. Model UID: AppleHDA:3 UID: AppleHDAEngineOutput:8,0,1,2:0
Device #1: ID 0x44 HDMI Manufacturer: Apple Inc. Model UID: AppleHDA:3 UID: AppleHDAEngineOutputDP:8,5,1,0:0:{6252-3700-00000000}
Device #2: ID 0x26 USB HiRes Audio Manufacturer: DENAFRIPS Model UID: USB HiRes Audio:152A:86EF UID: AppleUSBAudioEngine:DENAFRIPS:USB HiRes Audio:26400000:1

UPnP devices found : 0

Hello @MichaelStewart,

Can you enable upsampling and use the option Custom to put all of the frequency one and try to the same frequency and try to reproduce your issue?

1 Like

Thanks for your message. I didn’t find it entirely clear but I did the following:

1. I set the up sampling to custom, and left all of the frequencies as they were i.e. 44 to 44, 48 to 48, etc.
    • The consequence was that the problem recurred.
  2. I then forced all the up sampling to 192 (being the highest sampling rate I receive from Qobuz)
    • The fault did not recur!
  3. I then tested this using a forced oversampling rate of 384 across all input sampling rates.
    • The result was that there was still no recurrence of the fault!

So it seems as though this has solved the problem. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.