Playlists by ChatGPT

I’ve been playing around with ChatGPT (openai.com) and it generates some pretty good/interesting playlists. Not saying this is better, just interesting and maybe a future feature for creating smart playlists. Here’s one example:

ChatGPT: “create a music playlist with 50 songs of laid back smooth jazz”

1. Take Five" - Dave Brubeck Quartet
  2. “Round Midnight” - Thelonious Monk
  3. “Misty” - Erroll Garner
  4. “Take the ‘A’ Train” - Duke Ellington
  5. “My Funny Valentine” - Chet Baker
  6. “So What” - Miles Davis
  7. “All of Me” - Louis Armstrong
  8. “Lullaby of Birdland” - George Shearing
  9. “Girl from Ipanema” - Stan Getz & João Gilberto
  10. “Summertime” - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
    etc…

I didn’t list the entire playlist but you get the idea. If you select “regenerate response” you will get a different playlist (with some repeats).

1 Like

Hi @edzed

Well it’s all fun. But while I can think for myself I’d rather have that to define how I live (what I listen to) and to get different ideas I suggest we talk to each other.

Still, all ideas where ever they come from are worth considering.

Phil

Hi @philipjohnson,

Agreed on both fronts. I’ve enjoyed Tidal created playlists and Roon’s radio feature to discover new artists. Perhaps a version of these AI’s is already at work in these examples? If not now it’s not hard to image a future where they will.

Cheers,
Ed

I think you are right… probably in use all over the place. Where a profit is to be made, cost cutting will prevail. All interesting.

Soundiiz also has an interesting feature in this respect. It allows the creation of an AI playlist which then can be automatically regenerated or updated at user-defined intervals. The interesting bit is that such lists can be made available and synced directly in Qobuz, Tidal, Deezer and what have you.