Please List Your Setup That WORKS with Audirvana Studio

It will be tied to the interface implementation. All the manufacturers use off the shelf networking chips. Even those that make audiophile switches. There are some extra steps taken to manage electrical noise, but that’s it.

1 Like

Found it, min 23:20:

I’m liking the demographics in that picture…….:joy:

2 Likes

Dell desktop i5 6500T 16GB 128GB ssd. Windows 10 Pro. Tidal and FLAC from HDD.
Ethernet to Novafidelity / Cocktail Audio X12.
SPDIF to Leema Pulse 3 intergrated.
Very happy no real issues. The X12 won’t do gapless with upnp but I can use their Music X Neo app with Tidal and get gapless for the albums that need it.

Did not read your complete thread here please. Sorry for that. Well, I think either you have a really carefully designed streaming DAC and I really mean carefully. Or you have an excellent i2s interface from the stream to your DAC Chip. But this is already option 2 imo. @Agoldnear , I remember you do not steam at all :slight_smile: PS Just a short look into this forum please.

I have installed Audirvana Studio on Windows 11 Home x64 desktop computer. The specs of the machine are motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B460-H, power supply Antec NE650M EC Semi Modular 650W, RAM CRUCIAL Ballistix 2x8GB 16GB Kit DDR4 3000MT/s CL15, CPU Intel® Core™ i5-10400F 6Core/12Threads 2.9-4.3GHz 12M Cache, SSD Crucial P2 NVMe M.2 1TB, and Asus PCE-N15 Wireless PCI-E card 802.11n, 300Mbps.
I use the AS player for HRA-streaming mainly. My stereo system consists of DAC Teac UD-301, power amplifier Parasound Halo A23 and a pair of floorstanding speakers KEF Q950, optical and speaker cables are made by Oehlbach, and unbalanced interconnect is made by Cambridge Audio.
My network connection is wireless, anyway it’s 4G+ to my place from the provider, i.e. no cables to home. I get around 70 Mbps download/upload. The DAC is connected to PC via optical 1 m cable.
Settings in Audirvana Studio are WASAPI, buffer size 2.6 Gb, no VST3 plugins, no other processing, volume control on the DAC.
This setup sounds sweet and pleasant to ears. By the way I have started to treat room acoustically, I have got Ecophon Advantage boards. The size of the room is 30 m2.
However, for playback of DSD files I use Teac’s HR player over USB ASIO connection via Supra USB cable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.