Problem with playing DSD files

I installed the driver but it still won’t play 192khz, Jriver has no problem playing 192khz so it’s up to Audirvana, if Roon wasn’t that expensive I would prefer Roon to Audirvana.

Are you sure you’re playing a file that is 192KHz? Get some local file to test, not Qobuz.

As I said, Hires files 192 khz work, only DSD files are not sampled at 192khz. Which works well with Jriver and Roon. Tidal and Qobuz also works. Unfortunately, Audirvana has problems with DSD files.

I have tried several Hires files in 192khz and they work, also in connection with the Mutek USB

Did you select „none: Convert to PCM“ in the Native DSD method setting?

Yes i do!44.1 kHz is displayed

Did you disable upsampling? I‘m curious as to why you would want to play DSD files through Mutec? Why not just play using USB directly to the Marantz?

the same result, with Mutec it sounds better. As I said, otherwise no problems, neither with Jriver nor with Roon

What can I say, use JRiver. I doubt that the native DSD file can sound better when down converted to PCM, but tastes differ. Mutec is not really high end device, it‘s more prosumer audio.

I would personally play it natively using USB. Did you try with a better USB cable?

the Mutec is a Reclocker and an Audioquest USB

1 Like

If you’re into DSD, try to experiment with USB reclockers/bridges. Have a look at Sonore, SOtM or similar products.

What’s the point of having DSD capable device and play DSD content by converting it to PCM?!?

I don’t want to give up the Mutec anymore, it makes the sound much softer in the highs and mids

Then you can convert the DSD files in PCM using some third party utility. Maybe you can also achieve the same effect by upsampling to DSD in Audirvana and playing with the filters.

This is very good service, bitracer :slight_smile: