Provenance MQA

Is it possible to get the blue and green dot (light) in AS and remote. Similar to A 3,5 ?

Hi @Larolemol,

You can get the blue/green dot if you try to play a MQA track while using a MQA decoder but It has not been added to the Remote for the moment. I will need to talk about it with Damien :wink:

Hi Antoine
Running latest version AS dac set to mqa decoder.
Playing mqa,no blue or green dot in Studio for me.

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Hi Antoine
I will send debug info
later,i am not at home for the moment.

Hi Antoine
I dont have E Mail on
Pc where AS are installed .Problems sending Debug info.
Two friends using AS dont have MQA blue / green provenance light (dot) like A 3,5 has

Hi @Larolemol,

I have been able to reproduce your issue but after restarting the device, the MQA logo came back in the app. Have you tried to reboot your device?

It works here with my iFi Zen DAC V2 in AS. It lights up either blue or green. I’ve set it as decoder in AS, as it contains a build in decoder.

Hi Antoine I will tray , do you meen reboot my dac? and can you please revoke my license . Unable to open AS afther reinstall .And it looks like i have started AS trial to, dont need that.What a mess

I am using a Topping D 90 SE dac
set to MQA dekoder.
Will look into it to morrow.

Yes, reboot the DAC please.

There is no license for Audirvāna Studio, only for legacy version. What do you mean by Unable to open Audirvāna Studio? You get an error when you open it?

When i innstall AS
and open i get the little first picture and
Nothing more

You installed the version from here? Download - Audirvana

Yes i did

Ok, I saw your mail and will respond to it as soon as possible.

i have paid for Studio

used it for a year now. And my subskription expire next year .Changed Audirvana E .mail adress this week can that be the reason . Receipt date 12th September 2022 Receipt 28562086-28948260
Billing period 07Sep 2022-06 Sep 2023

Likely. As your account is linked to the used e-mail address. I have two subscriptions for AS. Each has its own e-mail address.

Sorry but do not post email address on a public forum, anyone can see it :wink:

O shit to late now

I removed your post, no worry about it :smiley: