PS Audio bridge ii MacAir Thunderbolt

Here is the screen from mConnect

I seem having a “missing link” in my system.

I thank everyone who is helping this query.

I may have to remain a USB connectee!

I’m waiting on PS Audio to come back to me.

Thanks again.

Phil

If it doesn’t show in your home network on mConnect after a reboot of your network and the DS then yes it sounds like a home network issue or your Thunderbolt Ethernet adaptor or the Bridge II card having an issue. Best of luck with PS Audio, hope you get a solution soon!

1 Like

Pull the Bridge II card and reinstall it… maybe the contacts need some scrubbing-up or the socket connections need some scrubbing-up by pulling it out and reseating the card… I’ve found Ethernet connectors not making good contact when new… they need to be inserted and pulled a couple of times to get the contacts to conform… If the Bridge II card ‘pins’ are not making good contact, uninstalling it and reinstalling it could do the trick… :wink:

Hi @Agoldnear

The Bitstream Jr has the bridge built in. As far as I know, not able to be “pulled”… Unless maybe taking unit apart. I can’t do that. Too expensive to lose warrenty etc.

It’s definately known issue. But so far no solution. I’m a good looking and patient man. Thank goodness.

2 Likes

Does the MacBook Air support Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3? Because the MD463LL/A adapter is a Thunderbolt 2 adapter… If the MBA is Thunderbolt 3 then you need a TB3 → TB2 adapter to go along with this Ethernet adapter…

If the MBA is Thunderbolt 3 then to simplify use this:

Well…here is the hardware info…

Screen Shot 2024-01-20 at 7.40.19 pm

But the adaptors you are suggesting are USB C to ethernet.

Here are my Macair connection… Thunderbolt 2 type I think.

Yes thunderbolt 2 so no you can’t use a USB-C Belkin ethernet adaptor. Getting good use of the MacBook Air I see, keep it long enough and as long as you have the original box then it should start to increase in value over time!

Had an old 1st release (1984) Macintosh 128K and gave it away, boxed to a charity shop a number of years ago…worth a decent amount of cash on eBay now…

Yep… woke up remembering the TB2 connector is not USB-C …:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PS Audio replied…

Known issue…

Hi Phil,

Sorry, we have had only intermittent success with customers connecting with the Thunderbolt adapter to the Bridge II. It may depend on the IOS versions. Glad you are able to enjoy the DSD Jr thru USB.

Best Regards,

Steve Majors | Sr. Manufacturing Engineer

1-800-PSAUDIO direct 720-402-3934

psaudio.com Boulder, Colorado

So I settle happily with my Usb connection.

2 Likes

Still a phenomenal DAC! Enjoy your music!

1 Like

And astounding what this equipment does with my Redbook CD’s ripped with XLD… let alone hi Rés files.

2 Likes