Qobuz cuts its subscription fee

Good news for the streamers.
The entry of Apple Music in the game tears down the prices.

Qobuz lowered today its subscription fee.
Studio Premier passes from €19,99 to €14,99 per month. For an annual subscription, its passes from €14,99 to €12,50 per month. Studio Sublime passes from €249 to €199 per year.

Still too expensive, IMO, because Apple Music costs only €9,99 per month.
Apple Music will attack soon the expensive streamers on the front of classical music, after it purchased Primephonic a few days ago.

LINK IN FRENCH:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve received an e-mail yesterday from Qobuz. I’m expecting Tidal to lower their prices as well, although their basic premium is already the same price as Apple Music. Hi-res is still twice as expensive.

What do they offer for their basic premium subscription?

320k AAC. So basically similar to what Spotify still offers.

Roon’s subscription is already more expensive than the price of Apple’s Hi Res streaming service, which is a paradoxe. We should expect it to cut its price as well.

1 Like

Apple is really pushing it now. The rest have to follow it seems.

It’s a lot of money.

As a subscriber, you should get a new offer from Qobuz that will allow you to enjoy the now pricing. That’s what was reported in France.

In addition, Apple announced that it is preparing a new player that will be released early next year.
It will have tagging, navigation features, bios and critical reviews that will be especially tailored for classical music.

I get it for free with Amazon Prime, but never listen to it.

Tidal is way more expensive compared to Qobuz. Qobuz now offers high-res up to 192 kHz for €12,50 per month. Tidal still charges €20. I’ve tried both for a bit to compare them. But decided to drop Tidal. So I’m now streaming Qobuz and Apple Music.

I see. Well it definately needs an improvement on Windows. iTunes doesn’t support high res Apple Music. And Apple still hasn’t created a new app for Windows ever since Apple Music arrived for Mac, iOS and Android.

You have all you need, from streaming services to players and devices.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this @Doudou. I already had the yearly Qobuz subscription which started in February. Cost me £149 back then, I’ve just taken out a new yearly subscription and got a large pro rata reduction - eg only cost me £46 rather than £129.

1 Like

How did you do that? When I go to my account page Qobuz warns me that I will have 2 subs instead of changing my active 1.

If you use the chat service. I said to the girl I had the yearly service and she provided a link which gave me the prorata amount

Well I’ve dropped a request in the contact us option. So let’s see what kind of answer I’ll get :smiley:

If you don’t claim them, they will be happy to keep them. As they have hundreds of thousands of subscribers who may not bather to claim them, the final amount for them would be considerable.

You can buy a few tunes that you like with the $3.33 that you’ll save.

Haven’t heard from them yet. But I guess they went home for the evening.
My current sub runs till June next year.

So I’ll await their answer patiently :smiley: