Question: to reinstall Audirvana, do I need to deauthorize first?

The Audirvana application is being really buggy, and I think i need to delete the app & do a fresh install it on my MacBook.

To do this, do I need to deauthorize the app that I am currently running?

Or can i just delete the app that is on my machine (without deauthorizing) & download the app again to do a fresh install? Will the license continue to work correctly?

thx.

Yes it will work but deauthorize it also will be authorize with new install :yum:

Trashing the app and replace it is not a fresh install… better trash the database and preferences instead

I suspect the problem is not with the database. – though this is just a guess, i don’t have an IT background. The main bug is with the UX and software display of the “Library” section (where artists are displayed). It just displays nothing. (though my playlists are displayed.)

I can actually play any track – i just have to search for it in the search window, and then the track will play. So that makes me think the database might be okay.

Is my assessment correct? You write that “Trashing the app and replace it is not a fresh install… better trash the database and preferences instead” – but won’t the application itself be installed again? For the database preference, I use the “2d Method” of iTunes Synchronization. Does that tend to be buggier than the First Method?

thx.

also, i don’t understand what this means: "Yes it will work but deauthorize it also will be authorize with new install "

If you are a native speaker of French or German, you can write in those languages too.

Same computer don’t have to be deauthorize…
if you do, no harm it will be reauthorize if you reinstall from scratch after…

i’m not IT tech… :slight_smile:

So… don’t trash nothing if it is just layout bug… you can try trashing just the preferences or copy them before trashing elsewhere… if not happy just put them back where they were…

database is there since you can play… you have set filter on the filter button… ain’t just the panel squeeze to the left so you don’t see albums? can you put some picture for us to see…

trashing prefs is fast and doesn’t harm… close audirvana, trash the 2 prefs, restart mac, restart audirvana and see… like i said if not happy or bug still there, put the two files there and replace twice.

i’m french canadian :slight_smile:

Also, i never used iTunes or Music now… Hate Apple missing with my things :slight_smile: simpler the better. More chance to be buggier or having doubles… blah blah blah

can’t post new post… not more than three in a row?

Sorry, me again… if you don’t know or see your library… in user folder:

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

where are the preferences files? Is there more than one file, or just one?

and why doesn’t Audirvana have this information or any other support items on their web site?

so i found another post of yours with info on deleting preferences. I removed those two files and relaunched audirvana.

Same problem as in my earlier post – library screen UX is all buggy.

Is there an email to contact Audirvana support? I already msg’ed Damien on this community but did not hear back.

Deauthorize your computer does not cure anything, it is just removing your license for that computer…

if you have bugs with the graphic of Audirvana… try uploading some pictures, more easy for us to help…

If you want to trash all and restart from scratch… try this:
Start fresh Audirvana by deleting those files…

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and
save them in a folder… when Audirvana is reset, you can re-import them back in one shot.
sadly to this day, the folders they were in if so, are not back, you have to do them again…

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon, Tidal or others… Install Audirvana alone with your database… if working, log to Roon or else after

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Starting for new Audirvana:
Close Audirvana

Go to the Main Library Folder… PrivilegedHelperTools folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from Audirvana (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder… LaunchDaemons Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from Audirvana (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Cookies…
Trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.binarycookies
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist and com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC. This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

Open Audirvana, enter serial, choose a library folder at first it will sync in top middle of main window… LET IT GO, even better don’t try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music
while it is not finished… you’ll see the progress bar going… Could be long the first time
depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not… go to sleep if it is too long

then when finished, shut down Audirvana, yes close it before playing a song…

Now open it again, that way it will have saved is database and setting before you make it crash,
you got brand new interface and new sound… Go to Audirvana menu and select preferences… look at them all, then click on speaker icon in the bottom right main window… select your DAC, then the arrow right of it and look at all the preferences there too… ready, click library icon on top right, click cover if you prefer covers over tracks mode… cmd + or - will make them bigger or smaller… click a cover to see it songs… do cmd i to see the info panel of that album, click a song and select them all with cmd A and do cmd i to see all their infos to be edited by you if needed… double click a song and listen, be happy :slight_smile: