RE: Audirvana not correctly reading max sample rate of AVR

Hello All-

I downloaded a trial version of Audirvana and had it connect to some hi-res files on my NAS all seemed to go well but when it connects to my AVR via HDMI it is not getting the correct max sample rate the AVR can handle.

Audirvana is saying:

Supported PCM Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
Supported DSD Rates: DSD not supported

I am connecting directly from MacMini to Marantz SR7008 AVR with an Audioquest Vodka HDMI cable. From page 244 of the owner’s manual of the Marantz unit it says:

Supported Audio Formats:

2-channel Linear PCM. --> 2-channel, 32 kHz – 192 kHz, 16/20/24 bit

DSD. --> 2-channel – 5.1-channel, 2.8224 MHz

So the Marantz unit is clearly capable of playing these higher rate formats but Audirvana is not recognizing this and is down sampling and not even let me play DSD.

Can someone please help me figure this out?

Thx!

Try putting in preferences of dac in the speaker icon down right, pcm over dsd 1.1 instead of automatic detection…

Well, it’s DSD over PCM 1.1 (or 1.0) This is not what it should be. I often watched devices recognized not properly…

BR
BB

Doing this just created completely garbled output from the speakers… any other suggestions?

Thx.

Difficult for a standard user like me, HDMI is rather rare. Can you choose between WASAPI and ASIO? Or is it UPnP? Is upsampling activated? You’ll have to do a lot of cross testing…
BR
BB

Try usb instead of hdmi