From time to time we need to rebuild the entire database.
I found an elegant way. AS syncs tracks that have changed ID3 tags or are new in the library. To force AS rebuilding its database, you have to change 1 ID3 tag in every track.
- Make a backup of the file “AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite”. You find it on Mac in …/Library/Application Support/Audirvana and quit AS.
- Open all lokal tracks of your library in an externel ID3 tagging app. I use Yate.
- Find an ID3 tag, which is empty in all the tracks. In my case it was “Conductor”
- Write there a character, for example “a” and save the files.
- Open AS and sync your library. Because every track has changed, AS syncs every track, which is equal to rebuildung the whole database. According to the number of tracks, this can take some minutes. Quit AS.
- Go back to your tagging app, clear the changed ID3 tag of step 4 and save the files again to make them as before.
- Open AS and sync your database.
- Again make a backup of your database file “AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite”.